Manager - Development
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Job Number: 31575
Position Title: Manager, Development
Excited to join the team that is building a next-generation enterprise cloud product? You are in the right place. Our group, Metadata Foundation R&D is on an ambitious mission to discover, analyze and map all data and information flows in the enterprise; providing intelligence that allows customers to unlock the power of data. It empowers customers to find, classify, catalog and analyze data assets and data flows across systems; understand and address data security risks; govern data quality and data flows in the enterprise. The group is responsible for providing a unified, highly scalable, and extensible metadata cataloging and visualization foundation for our fast-growing Data Catalog, Data Security, and Data Governance applications and fueling intelligence for our broader Enterprise Cloud Data Management offerings in Cloud.
We’re currently looking for a Development Manager with experience in building enterprise cloud products with hyper-scale to join our team in Redwood City to be part of our cloud journey.
Metadata is foundational to Informatica’s Intelligent Data Platform on which all Informatica products are built. We are looking for a Development Manager who will lead a team of highly talented developers driving and delivering a cutting-edge platform working closely with product managers, support, pre-sales and professional services. This is your opportunity to accelerate and deliver a highly scalable cloud platform leveraging the latest big data technologies.
You will work in a fast-paced environment with a keen commitment to customer success and work very closely with architects, product managers and customers to shape the roadmap of the core platform.
As our Development Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, coaching, mentoring engineers; leading teams to help build our next generation of cloud product by collaborating with various teams across the organization. You will take a leading role in working with development teams across the globe to build our product. In the role of Development Manager, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. You must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills for this role.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Build and manage a distributed team of exceptionally talented engineers that delivers the Cloud Platform Foundation
- Develop short, medium and long-term plans to accelerate the Cloud Metadata Platform roadmap
- Work with Product Management and Engineering leaders to understand the vision, product roadmap and build forward-looking Architecture & Design
- Collaborating with several cross-functional teams, architects, product managers, and engineers
- Participating in architecture discussions, design reviews, and planning
- Work closely with our Global Customer Support teams to address critical customer issues
- Work closely with R&D counterparts and key stakeholders for onboarding onto the Metadata Foundation platform
- Providing technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Hands-on development with building the early validation of the architecture, structure to build the code, contribute to development within various Engineering groups
- Hiring strong and diverse talent to strengthen the team
- Keep up to date on the latest and greatest tools and solutions that will best serve the business.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large enterprise-scale distributed, high-performance platforms
- Experience building, onboarding, and maintaining metadata repositories and data management platforms is essential
- Experience through the platform development lifecycle, onboarding stakeholders on the platform as well as supporting successful adoption of products.
- Experience in scoping and planning releases, resource planning, stakeholder management, dependency management, and working closely with cross-functional teams and technology partners
- Excellent presentation skills, sharing technical and execution plans with executives and external partners
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Domain expertise in Data Integration, Data management, and metadata management
- Very strong technical skills with the ability to evaluate key technical proposals and hire and mentor excellent engineers can get hands-on as needed
- Strong experience in DevOps, Iterative releases, Agile development processes
- Proficiency with Cloud technologies such as AWS Cloud (EC2, EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes), Azure, GCP and working experience in delivering products to public cloud
- Knowledge on secure development practices, Experience in compliances like SOC-2, FedRAMP
- Solid experience designing and developing solutions using Java, .NET, Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Excellent cloud experience including but not limited to multi-tenancy, secured application, high availability, Micro Services, telemetry,
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design and development like Java, Microsoft.NET and good experience in Relational Database like Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines, Terraform, Ansible, test automation frameworks, Git Repository
- Firm grasp of API strategies and best practices, Experience in handling high volume transactions, Data transfers
- Building Application with Micro Services with end to end low latency response
- Experience with migrating legacy applications to cloud adhering to best practices
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal).
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in Computer Science/ related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience leading engineering and cross-functional teams of 10 or more members
- 15+ years experience in software engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in leadership role
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager - Development
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US