Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job Number: 31937
Position Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
LEAD DEVOPS ENGINEER, INFORMATICA CLOUD OPERATIONS
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data-ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready, and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
Informatica Cloud is the clear market leader of the Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) providers. We provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management, and other Enterprise Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our service to move billions of records daily.
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for the management, monitoring, and operation of our Cloud service. We utilize cutting-edge Cloud hosting, monitoring, and deployment technologies to deliver a world-class, non-disruptive Cloud user experience to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a bright, organized, and dedicated Software-as-a-Service Operations Lead with hands-on experience in designing LAMP architecture; deep knowledge of both QA testing methodology and application management; and expert skills in Automation and Orchestration Management of the product delivery process. You are comfortable with supporting and operating high availability Cloud services. You are self-motivated with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
In this individual contributor role, you will report to the Sr. Director of Operations, Informatica Cloud, and be based in the company’s Toronto, Canada location.
- Manage operation projects across multiple teams as well as multiple regions
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery obstacles, risks, issues, and changes associated with the product release and deployment initiatives.
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that application deployment and operation is done in the best possible way and reviewing systems throughout the deployment and patching processes.
- Evaluates technological choices (Cloud Services related, Operating and Automation tools related, System and Network related) by querying providers and providing evaluations (Proof Of Value) of each solution include ROI evaluations in the present and future implications, limitations, and opportunities.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and support subject matter experts (GCS).
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing both routine and complex technical elements of technical operations
- Manages analysis and approval of new code through security through Pen tests and Qualys Reports. Be an advocate for security and performance standards in the organization.
- Manages operational aspect of production and nonproduction application stacks, training members of the team across geographies, and validating compliance with procedures and checklists related to disk space usage, monitoring solutions, deployment, conventions, access to the production and development sources, source control access, and usage, performance monitoring, code modifications validation (Git).
- Works within Cloud Trust, cross-functionally and with vendors, in order to successfully identify, prioritize, and resolve issues and provide subject matter expertise for enhancements, developments, and operational improvements to IICS.
- Identifies trending gaps or issues in the day-to-day performance of Informatica Production Platform microservices and Products including by active monitoring, alert management, reporting, and process reviews
- Works closely with the Engineering, DevOps, and QA in release planning, preparation, validation, post-release monitoring, and ongoing monitoring.
- Possesses high-level understanding in the areas of production operation of production Java Application, rolling patch management, Zero Downtime upgrade strategies, database upgrades without impacting production, and Disaster Recovery system design
- Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards.
- Be responsible for maintaining vulnerability and security standards.
- Provide evidence for SOC2 compliance to auditors.
- Operate and administer the Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) and infrastructure using Chef/Jenkins, Spinnaker, Kubernetes deployment, SumoLogic, and Panopta monitoring tools
- Operate and administer the Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) components deployed on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Cost Governor for all Cloud products on non-production and production environment.
- Support the agile software development process among cross-functional teams to ensure smooth product delivery
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis and provide high-quality solutions to technical issues
- Liaison with the Informatica Security Council to manage and define ICS application security compliance standards
- Design and implement the PSR strategy at the application and database layer to improve application efficiency and effectiveness
- Define and implement the Disaster Recovery process
- Manage RCA, Incident Process, and Risk Analysis of Informatica Cloud Services
- Create scalable alerting and auto-remediation systems.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of our systems to ensure adequate SLA and capacity requirements.
- 8 or more years of overall service delivery experience, of which at least 5 years are in managing Cloud operation production environments and critical business services.
- Proficiency with the Amazon AWS ecosystem, Azure, and GCP
- Advanced LAMP (Linux+Apache Tomcat + MySQL+PHP) Web Application management expertise is required
- Experience with Networking technology: such as DYN/NetNames and the Load balancer is required
- Strong knowledge of Cloud automation deployment process using Orchestration management, such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes, and Puppet, is required
- Deep knowledge in setting up logging/monitoring tools, such as Nagios, and Logstash is required
- Strong Scripting language knowledge, such as Python, Shell, or Perl, is required
- Deep knowledge of performing compliance and security audits and experience in defining, configuring, and implementing disaster recovery processes is a big plus
- Deep knowledge of MySQL DB schema design and performance tuning tasks is a big plus
- Ability to work under considerable pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and team communications skills are essential
- Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open-source tools, and development languages.
- Configuration and maintenance of common infrastructure such as Apache, Haproxy.
- Strong knowledge of large-scale internet service architecture
- Strong understanding of Unix and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent; advanced degree a plus.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-SD1
Unleash Your Potential
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and unleash your potential.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA