Principal Software Engineer
Location: Redwood City, CA, USA
Job Number: 34319
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
As a Principal Engineer in the Informatica Cloud Data Integration team, you will be responsible for designing and building critical components for the next generation Cloud Data Integration product. In the role of Principal Software Engineer you should enjoy working on challenging assignments and provide technical leadership in a fluid and high-energy work environment. Working as Principal Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, and collaboration skills.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
You will be based in Redwood City, CA, and will:
- Develop an excellent understanding of the Cloud Data Integration product and contribute to future product roadmap and goals
- Work with product management, architects and engineering leaders to understand the vision, product roadmap and build forward looking cloud software solutions.
- Estimating efforts, identify risks, meet project schedules.
- Work in an agile software development team delivering product and feature increments in short iterations
- Lead end-to-end feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery.
- Demonstrate the “why” part of decisions with pros and cons and the ability to make data-driven decisions; successfully convey the same to stakeholders.
- Build good technical and architectural knowledge of areas beyond the scope of team or your area of expertise.
- Handling customers escalations that are routed to R&D from Global customer support.
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline from a recognized engineering school.
- 8+ years of experience in developing enterprise software products using Java technologies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong experience in J2EE, Spring Framework, Persistence Framework (ORM), Web service protocol stack
- Excellent coding skills and Experience with Object-oriented and Multi-Threaded development in Java.
- Efficiency, Performance, and Scalability: Have implemented complex systems that can perform and scale well under load using minimum resources.
- Strong understanding of relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySql.
- Solid understanding of cloud native development and deployment processes
Nice to have:
- Experience with tools that help with troubleshooting like Sumologic, The ELK stack, OpenTracing, Grafana and Prometheus
Our Ideal candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent coding skills. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide a practical and strong solution. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. You will also be required to help your peers to meet their goals and set an example for good work procedures.
City: Redwood City
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Software Engineer
Remote LinkedIn Hashtag:
LinkedIN Hashtag: LI-TG1
Where data is poised for greatness
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader. By joining our team, you'll be able to solve real-life problems, make a difference, have a global impact, and join a supportive group of globally diverse teammates. We encourage you to be yourself, grow with us and help us create a world where data is poised for greatness.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We’re driven by our DATA values and we are passionate about building and delivering solutions that accelerate data innovations.
Perks and Benefits:
- Inclusion, diversity, equality and belonging (IDEB) – our commitment to fostering a culture that celebrates our unique differences
- Comprehensive and competitive health and wellness benefits, including paid parental leave and adoption benefits, and 401k plan or international pension/retirement plans
- Flexible time-off policy and hybrid working practices
- Global recognition program for employees and leaders to reward and recognize each other
- Global learning organization with mentorship opportunities and a tuition reimbursement program to support your professional and personal growth
- Equity opportunities and a robust employee stock purchase program (ESPP)
- Comprehensive Mental Health and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefit
- Referral Bonuses
At Informatica we know diversity drives innovation. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, one where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and Informatica policy.
Informatica, the Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader, empowers businesses to realize the transformative power of data. We have pioneered a new category of software, the Informatica Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC), powered by AI and a cloud-first, cloud-native, end-to-end data management platform that connects, manages and unifies data across any multi-cloud, hybrid system, empowering enterprises to modernize and advance their data strategies. Customers in more than 100 countries and 85 of the Fortune 100 rely on Informatica to drive data-led digital transformation. For more information, visit us at www.informatica.com, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US