Effective: March 5, 2019
This privacy notice describes how Informatica LLC, Informatica Ireland EMEA UC, and their respective affiliates (collectively, “Informatica” or “we”) processes personal data we collect about employees, job candidates and independent contractors (collectively, “personnel”), including dependents, references and emergency contacts of those personnel. This notice applies to prospective, current and former personnel and explains the types of personal data we collect, how we may use and share that data, and the choices that are available to you with respect to our processing of your data.
Information We Collect
We collect different types of information depending on the context and nature of your relationship with Informatica. We collect information you provide directly to us and information developed during our interaction with you as part of our recruiting or work relationship (such as information related to your interview or job performance). The types of personal data we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Recruitment information, such as your resume (including education, employment, and military history), cover letter, references, employment application and notes regarding whether you are appropriate for the work;
- Government or national identification information, such as your driver’s license number, passport number, national insurance or social security number, and visas and work authorizations;
- Payroll information, such as your banking and direct deposit forms, salary, tax forms, expense reimbursement records, and vacation and PTO balances;
- Performance information, such as performance reviews and disciplinary reports;
- Benefits information, such as your benefits elections, beneficiaries, spousal or partner information, dependent information, disability status, and trade union membership;
- Workforce identification information, such as your picture;
- Where required by local law or to support our diverse workplace initiatives, demographic information such as your gender and data revealing racial or ethnic origin;
- Information about your use of company technology and resources, including our intranet, our talent acquisition and recruiting websites, email, instant messaging, file share and employee collaboration platforms, IT help desk, and employee training tools;
- Images or video footage capture by surveillance equipment such as cameras and CCTV we use to secure the entrances and exits of some Informatica offices, prevent theft of Informatica property, and protect the personnel and visitors at those offices; and
- Other information that supports our human resources or business operations.
We also obtain the following information from third parties:
- Recruitment information, such as information from references, background checks, and recruiting platforms through which you have submitted your application;
- Data relating to your benefits from benefits providers and brokers as part of resolving eligibility for or questions concerning those benefits.
How We Use Your Information
We process personal data about you for the following lawful purposes:
- as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as complying with applicable laws and regulations and investigating potential non-compliance with or violations of such laws and regulations;
- as necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, such as to arrange for payment to personnel that have contracts with Informatica;
- as necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the personnel or of another natural person, such as an emergency where the health or security of personnel is in danger, or to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss; and
- for the following legitimate interests:
- evaluation of, and communications regarding, an application for employment or other work relationship with Informatica;
- compensation, including employee stock option and employee benefits administration;
- business travel and relocation administration and related expense processing;
- workforce management, including assignment, supervision, evaluation, discipline and termination;
- training and development;
- health and safety while in Informatica facilities;
- protection of Informatica’s network and property, including to detect and prevent intrusions, block dangerous websites, avoid introduction of malware and help prevent unauthorized disclosure or theft of data and intellectual property;
- compliance and risk management; and
- internal technical and operational support.
How We Share Your Information
Informatica shares personnel personal data in the following circumstances:
- With Informatica affiliates to carry out recruitment, human resources and other business operations, as well as external third parties that perform these types of services for you or on our behalf (e.g., recruitment, health insurance and IT companies);
- With legal or regulatory authorities to comply with our obligations, to protect the rights and property of Informatica, our customers, and the public, and to detect and respond to suspected illegal activity and threats to the safety of any person or of our systems or services;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; or
- With your consent and at your direction.
Information for EU Data Subjects
Data subject requests
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you have a number of legal rights regarding Informatica’s processing of personal data that relates to you, as further described below.
- A right to obtain information: personnel have the right to request information about how Informatica processes their personal data.
- A right of access: personnel have the right to request access to, or a copy of, the personal data Informatica processes about them.
- A right of rectification: personnel have the right to request that Informatica correct or supplement inaccurate or incomplete personal data it processes about them.
- A right of erasure: personnel have the right to request that Informatica delete personal data in certain contexts (such as where the data is no longer necessary in relation the purposes for which it was collected or where consent is withdrawn and there is no other legal ground for processing).
- A right to restriction of processing: personnel have the right to request that Informatica restrict processing of personal data in certain cases (such as if accuracy is contested or if Informatica no longer needs to process the data for its purposes but the data subject requires the data for legal claims), so that Informatica can store such data but not further process it.
- A right to data portability: in certain cases (i.e., where processing is based on consent or contract, and is undertaken with automated means), personnel have the right to request personal data they have provided to Informatica to be delivered to them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, so that the they can transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from Informatica.
- A right to object to processing: personnel have the right to request that Informatica stop processing personal data in certain contexts (such as if objecting to a specific processing activity undertaken in Informatica’s legitimate interests unless Informatica can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override the personnel’s concerns).
- A right to revoke consent: When processing is based on consent, personnel have the right to revoke such consent at any time.
- The right to file a complaint: personnel have the right to file a complaint regarding Informatica’s data protection practices with the relevant supervisory authority. Please see the following site to identify the relevant supervisory authority for your jurisdiction: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Applicants may access and manage their application data through Informatica’s career portal. Informatica also provides current personnel with tools to carry out these tasks with respect to much of their personal data. To access these tools, employees can access their account with Informatica’s human resources information system. If you are unable to exercise these rights using the tools described above, current and former personnel should contact Informatica’s Human Resources department and candidates should contact email@example.com. We will respond as soon as practicable and no later than one month after receipt of your request. We may request proof of identification to verify your request.
We may deny or restrict fulfillment of your request in some cases, such as when your access to data places another individual’s privacy rights at risk, or the continued processing of your data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. If so, we will notify you of the reason(s) for this denial.
Transfers of Personal Data Outside the EEA
Due to the global nature of our business, your personal data will be disclosed to Informatica entities and external companies located outside of the EEA, including in the United States. Transfers of personnel data relating to individuals in the EEA (or from an Informatica entity established in the EEA) to a jurisdiction outside the EEA that has not deemed adequate are made pursuant to Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under EU law. You are entitled to obtain a copy of these agreements by using the contact information provided below.
We keep your personnel records while you work at Informatica and three years thereafter, which is exceeded only as required by law or to exercise our legal rights. We keep candidate records for three years after resolution of your application for a position in the USA and two years after resolution of your application for a position elsewhere, which is exceeded only as required by law or to exercise our legal rights.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may change this privacy Notice from time to time. Each version of this Notice is identified by its effective date.
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
2100 Seaport Blvd
Redwood City, CA 94063 U.S.A.
Or, if you are a resident of the EEA:
Informatica Ireland EMEA UC (Informatica LLC’s representative)
1 Windmill Lane
Dublin 2, Ireland