Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 23627
Position Title: Sr Technical Support Engineer
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for working with the customer and Informatica development to resolve technical roadblocks. In the role of Senior Technical Support Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior Technical Support Engineer, you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology We Use: Salesforce.com, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Red Hat, SuSE, Hadoop, AWS, Azure
- Actively manage the technical support lifecycle all the way to resolution by verifying the situation, isolating and reproducing problems and managing customer expectations and communications.
- Provide technical support to customers, partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the WebEx.
- Reproduce product behavior to determine the problem root-cause and to find work-arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with the Product Management and Development teams to aid in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Document and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
- Respond quickly and effectively to customer issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Lead and mentor other team members.
- 5+ years of industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
What We Look For
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements.
- Must be a champion of change, actively engaging and supporting change and innovation.
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Willingness to embrace new challenges and help drive success.
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice – particularly Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in Linux (particularly Red Hat and SuSE).
- Knowledge areas of networking such as TCP/IP – any experience of Kerberos and SSL is a bonus.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Fluency in another European language would be a bonus.
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE