Associate Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 25826
Position Title: Associate Technical Support Engineer
Our team provides technical support for Informatica products. Informatica is complex, enterprise-level software application used by fortune 500 organizations. We play a vital role not only for revenue generation, but also with Informatica’ s reputation within customers. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth. Our technical support team is being ranked #1, continuously for 11 years, in customer loyalty for the Data Integration sector, within the globe
We are looking for a Product Specialist, with a proven record of accomplishment in technical field to join our Advanced Support team.
As an employee with Informatica, You will be part of a strong team of knowledgeable and committed technical specialists and connected onto the worldwide Informatica technical pool. Thriving in a fast-paced and complex Informatica environment, you’ll work with the flag ship product PowerCenter customers and solve their complex technical problems, related to the product and its connectors, adaptors associated ecosystem, database, OS, Network etc. On the job training and on-going learning and development are a key part of why our professionals are widely respected and are treated as world number one in technical support arena.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have product sustenance experience, advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- You’re a natural leader who is resourceful and strives for excellence.
- You possess good communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy
- Is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- You are comfortable to program in JAVA, C++ and have in-depth knowledge on systems (OS etc.) programming
- Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet requirement and set the example for good work procedures. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you’ll also be able to:
- Inspire and motivate people to rally support behind the vision, make it sharable by everyone.
This key individual will serve as Product Specialist for both internal and external customers. This position will also work closely with internal development and support staff to solve technical product problems and provide third line support. Primary responsibilities involve troubleshooting complex technical problems, proposing probable fixes and working with the customer and Informatica development to resolve technical roadblocks. Will also facilitate, drive and support the customers' implementation process, working closely with our customers' implementation teams and Informatica technical support. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage customer support technical issues daily, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support to partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web.
- Reproduce product behaviors to determine the problem root-cause(s), issue work-arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to support in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
- Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field,
- 3-5 years of industry experience in Big Data environment or enterprise software sustenance/support.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
- General operational expertise such as good understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
- Ability to write programs in Java
- Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of Linux /Unix
- Hands on experience on Linux/Unix scripting
- Constructively work together as a team, sharing ideas and resources
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under own initiative and respond to peaks in demand
The candidate must be proficient in spoken and written English to be able to communicate with Customers globally
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Software Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN