SENIOR DOCUMENTATION MANAGER
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 26123
Position Title: Senior Manager, Documentation
We’re currently looking for an experienced Senior Documentation Manager to join our team in Toronto, ON.
As a Senior Documentation Manager, you will be responsible for delivering effective online help, videos, and tutorials in a fast-paced environment. You and your team will work closely with software engineers, UX designers, and product managers across geographies to create great user-facing content.
In the role of Senior Documentation Manager, you will be an influential member of the larger documentation team and will collaborate and excel within the team and cross functionally. Working as a Senior Documentation Manager, you will strive to improve and innovate at every turn to provide content that helps increase customer adoption of products.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Lead and mentor a team of writers focusing on master data management.
- Contribute to documentation content as a writer.
- Guide and improve writing quality and technical accuracy.
- Manage all aspects of the team including performance, capacity planning, project planning, and employee engagement.
- Scale and develop the team as needed.
- Work with the rest of the doc team leadership to drive innovation and improve quality, productivity, and efficiency.
- Consult with R&D and external teams, such as professional services, sales, and customer support to determine documentation priorities and goals.
- Promote a positive team environment through a culture of innovation, accountability, dependability, collaboration, and excellence.
- Champion operational excellence and healthy collaboration patterns between product teams and writers.
- BA/MA/BS/MS or equivalent (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences) preferred
- Minimum 12+ years of relevant professional experience, including management experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and content architecture skills.
- Experience building effective teams through the development of staff and subordinate leaders, both individually and collectively.
- Experience in quickly learning technical information, product functionality, and product strategy. Able to understand the broader applications and can explain and teach concepts to the team.
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems.
- Excellent project management skills, able to prioritize work, and able to recognize and mitigate risks.
- Excellent collaboration and prioritization skills to manage and lead the team and shift team priorities.
- Advanced level analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to influence others.
- Experience with delivering upon and driving strategic initiatives.
- Able to understand customer requirements and incorporate them into the documentation.
- Able to set and meet deadlines; able to help others set and meet deadlines.
What We’d Like to See
- Knowledge of master data management, relational database, and cloud concepts.
- Experience with DITA, XMetaL, content management systems, source control systems, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, video software, e-learning software, and/or WalkMe.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: SENIOR DOCUMENTATION MANAGER
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA