Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 26312
Position Title: Manager I, IPS
As a Managing Consultant with Informatica Professional Services (IPS), you will provide product expertise and data management knowledge to deliver the most architecturally efficient and cost effective solution for our customers data management projects. You will also act as the coach to a small team of high performing consultants with an expectations of 50% billable and 50% leadership expectations.
The Managing Consultant will work closely with the customers, other Informatica consultants and customer/partner resources, Sales, Global Customer Support and Product Management to ensure customers success and satisfaction with our products and services and contribute to their long-term loyalty. This position requires a highly skilled and motivated individual with Data Architecture, Big Data, Data Governance and Data Quality experience. Working either independently, with or within a team, you will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business. This role is based in Sydney.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a natural leader who strives for excellence and is known as a trusted advisor to the customer. You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. You are advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet deadlines, drive your peer team to meet their goals and set the example for good work procedures. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you all also be able to:
- Adapt to customers work culture and establish an excellent working relationship with them
- Travel, both within Australia and New Zealand
- Demonstrate a strong desire to grow both technically and as a trusted advisor to the customer
The Managing Consultant will work closely with various teams including IPS Regional Managers, Local Sales Teams, PMO, Partners, Customers and other Team members. Supporting opportunity developments and ensuring progression across service engagements. The Managing Consultant is ultimately responsible for the leadership, quality and timely delivery of various customers and projects across the central region.
This role contains includes the following areas of responsibility:
- Management responsibility for a small team of IPS consultants.
- Assisting with business development for the Professional Services business.
- Manage the customer relationship by serving as the single point of contact before, during and after engagements
- Architect data management solutions based on customer needs and Informatica products
- Provide technical leadership to other Informatica consultants and/or customer/partner resources
- Working alongside the IPS Regional Director and Account Managers to assist with business development activities
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Informatica Data Management projects
- 5-10 years’ experience building, managing and mentoring high-performing solution delivery teams.
- Ability to "think big" and grasp the overall picture, including the business drivers
- Must be able to solve problem outside your areas of expertise
- Strong client facing negotiation, planning, issue resolution and risk management skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism.
- People Management skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Managing Consultant
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU