Senior Cloud Operations Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 26622
Position Title: Senior Manager, Development
We’re currently looking for a Senior Cloud Operations Manager to join our team in Toronto, CA.
In this role as Senior Cloud Operations Manager your responsibility is to design, oversee, control and subsequently redesign cloud operational processes for our MDM Cloud Edition offering. Your target is to ensure that cloud operations are efficient in terms of using resources as required as well as meeting quality of service requirements, compliance requirements and especially customer satisfaction. This involves management of both hardware and software as well as network infrastructures to promote an efficient, secure and lean cloud environment.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the daily operations and capacity planning
- Establish a mature operations framework, processes, monitoring, alerts and automation
- Actively engage with our customers and manage escalations
- Improve efficiency and pro-actively minimize the risk of disruption
- Deliver the speed and quality that users expect and demand
- Reduce the cost of delivering cloud services and justify your investments
- Work with both onsite and remote teams to ensure that high-quality solutions are delivered in a timely fashion
- Works ahead of the teams in terms of planning and architecting production ready solutions, while transitioning work to the operations teams for production implementation
- Creates short-term tactical solutions to achieve, long-term objectives and an overall technology management roadmap
What’s in it for you:
This role is critical for the success of MDM and for the cloud strategy of the company. It presents a unique opportunity to drive the cloud operations as well as infrastructure solutions for a major solution of Informatica. This role offers the right candidate an opportunity to improve processes, introduce new systems and deliver new technology to modernize the existing environment.
- Deep technical understanding of architecture and engineering best practices for AWS and Azure
- Stays up-to-date with IT Operations trends and new best practices
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- 6+ years of practical, hands-on experience
- Experience delivering solutions in a complex, globally distributed infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience delivering automation and to modernize legacy infrastructure
- Excellent technical leader with proven experience in multiple technical infrastructure design
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate
- Ability to lead complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Promoting a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Operations Manager
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA