Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 26642
Position Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Informatica’s IT Infrastructure organization is responsible for the engineering and maintenance of global server, storage, and networking infrastructure, as well as physical and virtual datacenters. Our team is not only focused on maintaining highly reliable and performance-driven systems but takes pride in its deployment of leading edge datacenter technologies. It is a forward-looking group consisting of highly talented team members who work together closely to develop solutions which maximize the efficiency of its customers and the competitive advantage of the company.
Informatica is looking for a bright, organized, and dedicated Senior Systems Engineer with strong skills and experience in virtualization (primarily VMWare) as well as a solid background in Windows/Active Directory management. You will be a driving force in the organization to complete our journey of a software defined datacenter, and to implement true automation and self-service to both internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a lean and high-performing IT organization charged with architecting and managing Informatica’s critical infrastructure resources across four global datacenters as well as a large and fast-growing cloud presence. The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of the IT Infrastructure group based in Dublin Ireland, and will work in concert with our global UNIX, Windows, Virtualization, Storage, and Networking teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
This role requires a highly driven, organized, self-sufficient, and technically dynamic individual with excellent communication skills, who can effectively manage the various systems. The ideal candidate will be considered an expert in virtualization, systems administration, and possess the organizational skills necessary to plan and execute large and complex projects in this technology area. Candidates at this level will be adept at simplifying tasks and “force multiplication” via automation and scripting. Key to this position is the ability to work seamlessly with and enhance the value of teams consisting of experts from other technology areas, as well as model written and verbal communication skills with diverse global teams. This includes the “soft” skills that are essential for exemplary internal and external relationships.
- Architect, manage, monitor, and support Virtualization functions across the EMEA region
- Work seamlessly with compute, storage, and networking teams to provision and manage connectivity
- Manage VMware 5.x and 6.x production environment comprising of 1000+ hosts, including HA (SRM), DRS, and RDM
- Manage over 1800 physical and virtual servers across the EMEA, with local responsibility for the EMEA datacenter located in Dublin
- Remotely support over 10,000 serves in the Americas and Asia Pac regions
- Manage Enterprise Microsoft Windows core services such as patching, performance monitoring/tuning, SMB/CIFS, and DFS, within a virtualized datacenter environment
- Assist with the development, management, and maintenance of a comprehensive disaster recovery process
- Automate and simplify common or complex administrative tasks using scripting (PowerShell, Perl, Ruby, shell, etc).
- System hardware administration and provisioning as necessary (HP / Dell / Cisco)
- Provide after hours and escalation support for Informatica’s 24x7 environment (e.g. supporting system outages and incident response scenarios)
- Manage incident ticket response and resolution, including working with end users
- Follow problem management best practices to identify and address incident root cause
- Troubleshooting physical, data, and network layer issues across servers and end points
- Hypervisor (ESX) and OS (Windows) patch management
- Auditing and enforcing compliance with Informatica’s security (Infosec) standards
- Systems and infrastructure capacity planning
- Systems integration with our enterprise monitoring platform
- Delivering projects using approved project management methodologies
- Managing infrastructure vendor relationships to ensure Informatica is getting best value
- Continuously exploring opportunities to improve the services we deliver
- Working closely with the global teams to ensure the smooth delivery of IT solutions into the region
- Creating and maintaining technical and KB documentation and procedures, training operations staff on administrative tasks
- Ensuring that IT services exceed internal and external customer expectations
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology operations
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in virtualization administration (including VMWare 5.x and 6.x)
- 5+ years of experience supporting enterprise Windows systems (Win2K8, 2K12, 2K16 including datacenter editions), and systems running Windows applications (MS SQL, etc).
- Expert proficiency and experience with Active Directory
- VMware SRM experience
- VMware optimization and monitoring experience
- VMware ESXi SAN & iSCSI experience
- VMware ESXi and VCSA management, installation, configuration, and updating experience
- Demonstrable project management experience, including experience managing global enterprise rollouts
- Strong customer service attitude and superior soft skills
- Network administration experience including configuring virtual switches, network connections, port groups, VLANs
- Working knowledge of Cloud IaaS infrastructures like Amazon, and Azure as well as hybrid clouds
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Embotics or OpenStack desirable
- Experience with leading edge approaches to automation, self-service, and efficiency of systems
- Ability to work with a diverse team across global time zones (i.e., US, India, Europe) to effectively complete tasks and objectives
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet specific deadlines using strong organizational skills.
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, quick learner with the ability to work independently
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Professional certifications in Microsoft, or VMware technologies desirable
- Willing to Travel domestically and internationally (5%)
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Systems Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE