Technical Support Intern
Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 26650
Position Title: Intern-Customer Support - 4YR
Informatica is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated intern to join our European team of highly skilled support staff. This position will be supporting our customers across Latin America. You will be responsible for providing world class technical support to Informatica customers, professional services team and pre-sales consultants on any issue with products from Informatica’s portfolio of business solutions.
In this role you will support Informatica’s Data Integration platform (https://www.informatica.com/products/data-integration.html), the world’s number 1 independent data integration tool, combining data from many different sources including the Cloud. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to gain experience across a wide range of technologies and architectures.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking for a team player who strives for excellence.
- You possess excellent communication and customer-relationship skills – responsiveness, sensitivity and diplomacy.
- You are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Your problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes allow you to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- You are comfortable to work with a wide range of technologies including Windows, UNIX, Linux and a wide range of databases – particularly Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Ability to construct complex SQL statements.
- Ability to ensure actions are followed-up in a timely manner
- You pay attention to detail.
- Awareness of dealing with customer sensitive data, confidentiality and discretion.
- Interested on learning the most advanced solutions including Cloud platforms and Big Data.
- Ability to deal with difficult customer situations
- Be passionate about delivering high quality service to customers, with focus on continuous improvement.
Your primary responsibilities involve troubleshooting, analysing complex technical problems and working with the customer and Informatica development to resolve technical roadblocks. You will ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources for resolution in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will manage communications with customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing customer issues within our CRM system
- Manage customer support technical issues on a daily basis, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible.
- Provide technical support to customers, partners, sales engineers and post-sales consultants via telephone, email and the web.
- Reproduce product behaviour to determine the problem root-cause and to find work-arounds and solutions.
- Coordinate with other teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Author, edit, publish and maintain an on-line knowledge base of known issues/solutions.
- Enrolled in a Computer Science or related graduation technical field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills are essential.
- A high degree of analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory.
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of Web Services, WSDL and SOAP.
- A good level of experience with C++ and/or Java would be beneficial.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work constructively together as a team, sharing ideas and resources.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Location : Dublin
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Intern
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE