Senior Build & Release Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 26686
Position Title: Sr DevOps Engineer
Our Ideal Candidate
As a Senior build and Release/Tools Engineer, you will manage system releases, coordinate all aspects of the release, and aid internal teams in supporting on-perm and cloud releases. You will be driving the setup and improvements for CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous deployment) pipelines, including managing jobs and their dependencies by creating tools that will empower the development team to work as effectively as possible, and will build and develop distributed systems that automate everything needed to scale our applications globally and deploy quality code.
- Maintain the build process to support development cycle through to final GA release.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Monitor all events that occur and detect and escalate exception conditions during CI and CD process where Infrastructure impacts applications/platform
- Work with Product Engineering to better refine automated provisioning through analysis of application patterns/workflow
- Proactive in tackling oncoming problems or providing suitable workaround or stepping stone-step for addressing issues.
- Supporting an enterprise product release cycle of concurrent versions. Adapting the release cycle as business needs.
- Design and build tools/frameworks to automate development, testing, deployment, management and monitoring of our internal services and products.
- Researches new software development, configuration management methodologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs.
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline; advanced degree a plus
- 4+ years of experience in software design/development, release engineering (cloud/on-perm) and/or configuration management.
- 3+ years of experience using one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Bash
- Working knowledge related to Docker, Jenkins/Jenkins Pipeline, and Kubernetes. AWS and Azure is a big plus
- Experience with structured build files/tools like Ant, Maven, POM, Jenkins, Gradle, Python, Groovy
- Strong experience with Artifactory, Nexus
- good experience in build and release activities using Maven and Ant scripts and automation of such activities
- good knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of SCM concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Experience in configuration management related activities (ClearCase, Perforce, GIT)
- good knowledge of RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
- Strong working knowledge of *nix/Windows Operating systems
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Build & Release Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN