Senior User Experience Designer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 26705
Position Title: Senior User Experience Designer
Job Profile SummaryCreates, evaluates and modifies prototypes to support evolving software application development. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Develops and applies software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for product in development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Planning and delivering user experience designs while working closely with cross-functional teams to create innovative user experiences for new and extended offerings.
• Responsible for ownership of a project or significant product release.
• May formally present design concepts and deliverables to design team and internal stakeholders; gets approval to move them forward and drive them to completion.
• Works with more senior designers to get insight and input on driving projects to completion.
• Participates in both internal and external design reviews.
Knowledge & Skills
• Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization who resolves wide ranges of issues in creative ways.
• This is the fully qualified, career oriented, journey level position.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Expands skills and practical knowledge by routinely working with experts in the field and outside of immediate team/area/segment.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of user-centered design product development.
• Collaborates well with cross-functional teams.
• Experience with user-research methods, analytics, and other insights to guide product direction.
• BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior User Experience Designer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US