Principal Data Scientist
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 26767
Position Title: Principal Data Scientist
You will be responsible for analyzing tens of millions of customer interactions to find patterns that help improve the effectiveness of our marketing organization. Your day-to-day will contain a wide spectrum of the activities, from meeting with business stakeholders and understanding challenges and opportunities, to data wrangling and modeling, to producing effective visualizations that concisely deliver insight. You will be a go-to person in the organization for knowledge and insight on our data and potential uses and areas in which we can deploy it.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a data driven, professional data scientist who has the ability to decompose ambiguous business questions into tractable problems to be answered through a range of data sources and analytical techniques. You have deep technical knowledge and the ability to turn mountains of data into digestible insights and data products. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative, global environment and moving a quickly-growing organization towards an even more promising future.
Reporting to the Director – Marketing Insights and Analytics, you will:
- Be a technical expert and partner with the organization to understand pain points and areas in which we can and should leverage data products and solutions.
- Advocate for the continued propagation of advanced analytical and machine learning techniques within the business.
- Build, deploy, and maintain ML models
- Mentor more junior data scientists and analysts to grow the overall technical abilities of the team
- Support ad hoc analytics requests as needed
- Develop reports and/or presentations that concisely communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a field with a quantitative focus or a technical discipline
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- 8+ years of experience with a data science programming language (e. g. R, SAS, SPSS, and/or Python) (Python Preferred)
- Experience with at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, d3.js, GGplot, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL and relational databases
- Experience with big data frameworks (Hadoop / Spark)
- Strong applied statistics skills (statistical modeling & inference)
- Consultative style; skilled in supporting internal customers
- Strong project/time management and organizational skills
- Masters Degree or PhD in Data Science or other quantitative field
- 10+ years experience as a Data Scientist or Business Analyst
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Data Scientist
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US