Sr. Financial Analyst
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 26971
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
We are looking for a Financial Analyst in our Redwood City, CA headquarters, who will report into the Sr. Director of Strategy and Finance. This high-visibility role will own our company-wide Software Sales Bookings Reporting and Analysis. In this role, you will partner with colleagues in FP&A, Sales Operations and Strategy, Revenue Accounting, Deal Strategy, Pricing, R&D, Product Management, Product Marketing, IT, and Corporate Strategy. As Informatica undergoes its business model transformation to focus on SaaS, this role will provide critical insights to the executive team to make our transition a success.
1.) Prepare Monthly Software Bookings Reporting – You will own the preparation of time-sensitive monthly software bookings reporting, upon which we rely to understand company-wide software sales results. The bookings report is used for Board-level reporting and sales commissions crediting for our global sales force. This duty involves working with data from our Salesforce.com CRM and Oracle ERP systems. Collaborating with colleagues across functions, you will research complex orders to ensure proper crediting of new SaaS sales and renewals of expiring SaaS orders. Following the preparation of this data, you will perform follow-up research as needed.
2.) Analyze Historical Bookings Reporting – You will support executives in Finance, Sales, and Corporate Strategy through analyzing historical sales trends by product, region, and customer. This analysis provides executive-level insights that shape strategic decision-making on topics such as global sales investments, R&D product investment, and product pricing.
3.) Contribute to Improving End-to-End Sales Order Processing and Reporting Automation – You will contribute strongly to improving and automating the reporting process, one of our CFO’s top priorities. Working with Revenue Accounting and Sales Operations, you will understand the end-to-end processes and IT system flows to provide key requirements to IT on this project.
4.) Ad Hoc Analysis and Special Projects – You will be asked to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for candidates with the following education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of relevant experience, including in corporate finance, accounting, or management consulting
- Advanced Excel financial modeling and data analytics skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with high level management and multiple cross-functional groups
- Ability to multi-task and manage dynamic work load of changing priorities
- Collaborative team player who can work independently, proactively and effectively under pressure
- Develop useful and specific recommendations and communicate results effectively to all levels of management
- Experience with financial systems Oracle Planning, MicroStrategy, and Tableau is a plus
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Financial Analyst
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US