Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 26977
Position Title: Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience in public cloud to join Cloudtrust team in Redwood City, CA
As principal DevOps engineer You will work with world class engineers to deliver the next generation cloud platform and products, using the latest cutting-edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP , Kubernetes to provide transformational and reliable cloud services to our customers. You have experience working at a global scale, but agile enough to deliver results interactively and create ongoing impact quickly.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Elastic Search, Prometheus, Grafana
- Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy
- Terraform, Vault and consul
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Use cutting edge tools to build a secured, resilient infrastructure in a multi-cloud environment
- Participate in feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Deploy, manage and provide end to end support on CloudTrust tool chains
- Work with the QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Assisting development and product operations engineers with troubleshooting infrastructure issues.
- 1 to 2+ years of software development, operations experience deploying and maintaining multi-tiered infrastructure and applications
- 1+ years of experience in public cloud services like AWS, GCP and Microsoft Azure
- Hands-on experience on any one programming language preferably python or Golang
- Knowledge on Linux system from the kernel up.
- Automation friendly. If it can be codified, it can be automated
- Experience with Kubernetes. Specifically, on GKE, EKS and AKS
- Hands-on experience with hashicorp tool chains like consul, vault and terraform
- Experience with observability technologies like Prometheus,Grafana,Kibanana, Opentracing and ELK
- Experience on managing elastic search like ingestions, indices management,enrichment ,shippers
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming Skills. Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working in highly distributed team
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Ability to continuously learn and make decisions with minimal supervision. You understand that making mistakes means that you are learning
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What We’d Like to See
- Experience in advanced concepts in Kubernetes like CSI, CNI and multi-cluster management
- Experience in implementing service mesh using Istio or consul connect
- Experience handling several millions of metric data in elastic or Prometheus.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US