Location: City, MX
Job Number: 26995
Position Title: Principal Consultant PS
The Delivery Manager (DM) is responsible for leading the delivery of large, strategic, and complex data integration projects on behalf of our customers. You will work closely with project team members from Informatica, our customer’s internal team, and our alliance partners to ensure successful project delivery. You ultimately responsible for the leadership, financial management, quality, and timely delivery of the project for our customer.
You will be joining a fast-growing business where you will also be expected to take commercial responsibility for the projects in your region.
Our Ideal Candidate
Delivery Managers are looked to as leaders and experts in the delivery of data initiatives, both by the customers they serve and within Informatica Professional Services (IPS). For customers, this means the DM is expected to leverage their technical domain expertise to drive project delivery, lead the project team, clearly set and manage customer expectations, and proactively address and resolve project related issues. Within IPS, DMs will help establish the overall framework, driving utilization of common standards and processes across the Practice. They will also be expected to actively participate in continuous improvement of deliverables, make refinements and additions to the Velocity methodology, contribute to the IPS Knowledgebase, and coach/mentor other colleagues within the Practice.
This role will have 2 key aspects:
Handling the customer relationship in LATAM – North Cone for professional services demand:
- Client management responsibilities include client identification, problem/need identification, proposal development (for professional services), presentation and close, as well as post-delivery follow-up.
- Forecast revenue and manage consultant utilization and expense budgets,
- Working with the relevant support functions to ensure appropriate staffing of projects, scheduling of internal resources & working with partners & variable workforce.
Delivery Management in LATAM - North Cone:
- Act as Delivery Manager for the overall initiative when there is no Project Manager assigned from the customer’s organization
- Liaise with architects, technical teams, and leadership (both business and IT) across the customer’s organization
- Provide the single point of contact for resolution of project related issues
- Act as the primary interface point into Informatica’s broader technical teams to ensure the full breadth and depth of the Informatica organization is leveraged for the customer’s success
- Communicate overall project status to the customer and to Informatica Professional Services management on a regular basis
- Lead project meetings, including project kickoff, project status, steering committee, and other project stage gate meetings
- Provide overall project leadership and direct project teams in the delivery of high-quality products within committed timeframes and budgets
- Work with project team members to define project tasks and milestones, and coordinate the alignment of dependencies both within the project and across other projects
- Ensure complete understanding of the project estimates and project scope in order to lead the team to deliver within the boundaries of the given estimates and assumptions
- Manage customer expectations regarding project scope, timelines, and deliverables
- Coordinate with project team members and partners to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years client account management experience.
- Minimum 7 years project delivery experience managing large or complex data integration projects as a Project Manager, Technical Lead, Lead Developer, or Lead Business Analyst
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience (data integration and/or business intelligence space).
- Strong team player
- Strong negotiation skill
- Ability to generate services proposals
- Must possess combination of technical depth, written/verbal communication, project management, and client management skills
- Working knowledge of Informatica products preferred
- Significant experience leading the Technical Delivery of Enterprise Data management projects
- Self-sufficiency in problem solving and knowledge acquisition from resources throughout the company
- Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to anticipate and build contingency plans
- Expert Project Management skills including: estimating, scope management, budget management, time management, risk management, change management, issue/conflict resolution, communication management, quality management, testing plans, training plans, team management
- Skills and knowledge acquired through participation in the delivery of data integration initiatives in each of the following areas: change management, release management, configuration management, systems integration, systems development life cycle methodologies, quality assurance and testing, requirements gathering, and systems analysis and design
- Strong history and track record of completing quality projects on time, as well as a proven track record coaching and mentoring others to success
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Working proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Willingness to travel up to 75 percent of the time - within the LATAM region and occasional international travel to other regions including the US and Europe
Alternative Location(s) : Mexico City
Community / Marketing Title: Delivery Manager
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, MX