Manager, Technical Delivery
Location: Stuttgart, DE
Job Number: 26997
Position Title: Manager I, IPS
Informatica Professional Services (IPS) provides the product expertise, and project management knowledge to deliver the most architecturally efficient and cost effective solution for our customers’ data integration projects. Because our practice serves the largest and most diverse Informatica customer base, our work keeps us on the cutting edge of all forms of data management projects – B2B, Data Governance, Data Migration and Consolidation, Data Quality Management, Data Synchronization, Data Warehousing, Integration Competency Centres, Master Data Management, Product Information Management and Services Oriented Architectures. Whether it is a short or long-term engagement, we are dedicated to sharing our knowledge to ensure our customers continued success with our products.
Informatica Professional Services is seeking qualified individuals for the role of Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) in Germany (Stuttgart). The Technical Delivery Manager is responsible for providing technical leadership and management skills to drive successful engagements and adoption of global initiatives and best practices, working on business development activities, as well as managing a small team of consultants.
The TDM will work closely with various teams including IPS Regional Managers, Local Sales Teams, PMO, Partners, Customers and other Team Members to support opportunity development and drive successful service engagements. The TDM is ultimately responsible for the leadership, financial management, quality, and timely delivery of the project for our customer.
This role contains three main areas of responsibility:
- Technical Delivery Management for client engagements
- Management responsibility for a team of consultants
- Assisting with business development for EMEA Central Professional Services business
Technical Delivery Management for client engagements
During the course of a client engagement, the TDM will be expected to:
- Act as Project Manager for the overall initiative when there is no Project Manager assigned from the customer’s organization
- Liaise with architects, technical teams, and leadership (both business and IT) across the customer’s organization
- Provide the single point of contact for resolution of project related issues
- Act as the primary interface point into Informatica’s broader technical teams to ensure the full breadth and depth of the Informatica organization is leveraged for the customer’s success
- Communicate overall project status to the customer and to Informatica Professional Services management on a regular basis
- Lead project meetings, including project kick-off, project status, steering committee, and other project stage gate meetings
- Provide overall project leadership and direct project teams in the delivery of high-quality products within committed timeframes and budgets
- Work with project team members to define project tasks and milestones, and coordinate the alignment of dependencies both within the project and across other projects
- Ensure complete understanding of the project estimates and project scope in order to lead the team to deliver within the boundaries of the given estimates and assumptions
- Manage customer expectations regarding project scope, timelines, and deliverables
- Coordinate with project team members and partners to ensure the right resources are working on the right tasks at the right time, with clear expectations of milestones and goals
- Mentor project team members on Velocity methodology and drive utilization of consistent processes and deliverables
Management Responsibility for 4 consultants
This role incorporates the management of a subset of the EMEA Central consultants.
Working alongside the IPS Regional Manager for EMEA Central, the role assists with business development activities such as:
- Partnership with Informatica Sales for software license opportunities
- Attend client meetings/calls with customers and software sales.
- Creation and delivery of presentations, RFP responses, Customer Proposals
Our Ideal Candidate
Technical Delivery Managers are looked to as leaders and experts in the delivery of data integration initiatives, both by the customers they serve and within Informatica Professional Services (IPS). For customers, this means the TDM is expected to leverage their technical domain expertise to drive project delivery, lead the project team, clearly set and manage customer expectations, and proactively address and resolve project related issues. Within IPS, TDMs will help drive utilization of common standards and processes across the Practice. They will also be expected to actively participate in continuous improvement of PMO deliverables, make refinements and additions to the Velocity methodology, contribute to the IPS Knowledgebase, and coach/mentor other colleagues within the Practice.
- Must possess combination of technical depth, written/verbal communication, project management, and client management skills
- Must possess extensive analytical skills
- Self-sufficiency in problem solving and knowledge acquisition from resources throughout the company
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to anticipate and build contingency plans
- Expert Project Management skills including: estimating, scope management, budget management, time management, risk management, change management, issue/conflict resolution, communication management, quality management, testing plans, training plans, team management
- Skills and knowledge acquired through participation in the delivery of data integration initiatives in each of the following areas: change management, release management, configuration management, systems integration, systems development life cycle methodologies, quality assurance and testing, requirements gathering, and systems analysis and design
- Strong history and track record of completing quality projects on time, as well as a proven track record coaching and mentoring others to success
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Fluency in English and, ideally, German as well.
- People Management skills and experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica, you can learn more about our company, and our products and services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Technical Delivery
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stuttgart, DE