Location: Stuttgart, DE
Job Number: 27024
Position Title: Principal Contracts Analyst
You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to identify and resolve legal issues, draft and negotiate contracts, and balance legal and business concerns. Experience with issues pertaining to software licensing, cloud computing, product development, open source, IP, inbound technology licensing, commercial law and revenue recognition is preferred.
Our Ideal Candidate
You work well in a fast-paced, multicultural, challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of professionals, and have the ability to communicate effectively in group settings and before senior management. The Contracts Manager, Legal will report to the Associate Director, Commercial Legal EMEA in Informatica’s Legal Department. The role will involve presentational and training requirements to sales and other staff on legal department and licensing policy and procedures. The role will require flexibility and effective priority-management to ensure an appropriate level of service to the internal customer balanced with the aims of the legal department.
The candidate may be required to liaise with outside counsel on various legal matters. A limited amount of traveling will be required. Candidate must be fluent (speaking, reading and writing) in English and German. The ability to also speak French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese would be an advantage.
You bring your experience with licensing to provide legal support for technology transactions. In detail, you will:
- Provide legal support for product related technology transactions, including negotiating and drafting technology licensing agreements, OEM agreements, cloud subscription agreements, professional services, support services, and related distribution/partner agreements
- Advise business and technical colleagues on broad range of legal subject areas, including general commercial, privacy, data protection and intellectual property issues
- Maintain relationships with managers in the various Informatica business units in order to stay familiar with business plans and goals (and how these would affect Informatica’s position in contract negotiations)
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure contractual issues are addressed efficiently
- Assist in license compliance initiatives as necessary
- Conduct various legal projects and other duties as assigned
- Liasie with corporate legal on other areas of law according to local requirements (eg Privacy/GDPR, employment, corporate governance etc)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software license and SaaS agreements. In-house experience and experience relating to SaaS centric issues, i.e., privacy, security, GDPR, etc. Experience working in the German legal system is a necessity.
- Legal qualification preferred
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- High integrity, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under end of quarter deadline pressure
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills and significant experience in working closely with both internal clients and customers/partners
- Ability to influence others in a group as well as conduct negotiations in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible and able to react promptly
- Understanding of contract and negotiation principles in the business and legal context, including a working knowledge of revenue recognition rules
- Good sense of humor and Team player whilst being able to work independently
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Legal Counsel
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stuttgart, DE