Director, User Experience Design
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27030
Position Title: Director, User Experience Design
We’re currently looking for a Director, User Experience (UX) Design with experience in cloud platforms and design systems to join our team in Redwood City.
The Informatica User Experience (UX) team propels the design and usability of a broad spectrum of data-integration and data-management products. We are a globally diverse, world-class group of designers and researchers responsible for shaping user experiences and innovation initiatives company-wide. We are creative, collaborative, and fun to work with, and believe in recruiting the best. We care deeply about work-life balance and growing careers.
Join our User Experience team to lead the team designing for our Cloud platform and Informatica’s. This role also overseas our Design System, guiding the patterns utilized across our global UX organization. Impact the way we design apps serving the range from IT professionals to business users.
Solve big, complex problems, while collaborating in an exciting high-paced environment, with other highly professional designers and researchers.
You are highly experienced leading a team which follows user-centered design (UCD) approaches to create rich, scalable, high-productivity enterprise tools and/or applications. You’ve had experience doing this for Cloud products and are eager to extend your knowledge of Cloud technologies and opportunities. You thrive in a collaborative environment working with other UX designers, researchers and product-team members to deliver best practices in UCD, information architecture, and interaction design. You enjoy working with product managers to understand and define business requirements and working with software developers to realize the designs within technical capabilities and constraints.
Most importantly, you relish interacting with users, having your design ideas and assumptions tested, and bringing users’ feedback and insights to create the best experiences for them, while meeting product requirements and business needs.
As our Director, User Experience (UX) Design you will be responsible for leading a team of designers focused on Informatica’s cloud platform (IICS) and our design system. In the role of Director, User Experience (UX) Design, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Director, User Experience (UX) Design you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Leading a team of 7+ individuals operating across our global footprint. Drive the recruitment and development of talent through mentoring, defining timelines, setting priorities/goals, disseminating top-level business goals that directly affect the team, evangelizing customer-focus best practices, UX research, identification of process improvement opportunities, and innovation.
- Driving UX strategy for our cloud platform (Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services). Leads design strategy and provides visionary design leadership.
- Delivering design specifications for our critical data integration and related services
- Overseeing the activities operations of Informatica’s design system ensuring that a common set of re-usable patterns and components is managed efficiently
- Helping to plan and conduct stakeholder interviews and design workshops
- Synthesizing results from user research into coherent designs
- Be the liaison with engineering to ensure consistency between design and UI code development
- Creating information architectures, task flows, user interaction models, wireframe screen flows, prototypes, detailed designs, design briefs, design specifications and guidelines with little direction
- Influencing product teams and the organization to achieve solutions that are right for our customers. Collaborates and works comfortably with teams and stakeholders to understand requirements, conduct usability studies, prepare and demonstrate high fidelity storyboard and interface prototypes.
- Fostering a fun, creative, collaborative spirit
- 15+ years of experience designing user interfaces and user experiences for web-based products
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related discipline (HCI, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design, etc.)
- A portfolio that demonstrates your design talent including conceptual models, navigation and user flows, information design, and mock-ups
- Expert knowledge and understanding of user-centered design product development
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Proven effectiveness working in cross-functional teams that include product management, engineering, QA, documentation and other UX professionals
- Demonstrated proficiency with Sketch and InVision.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience in building and maintaining a pattern library or design systems
- Uses expert leadership skill in collaboration and prioritization to direct and influence operations.
- Expert level analytical and complex problem-solving skills, with the ability to influence as a leader across functions.
- Adept at setting and driving strategic initiatives, as well as influencing at higher tiers of the organization.
- Uses strategy and direction from senior leadership, as well as long term business objectives, to guide work and direct the work of others.
- Creates an environment that promotes the identification and development of talent, as well as planning for future talent needs of the organization.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills, including executive presentations; attentive to detail and holds team(s) to high standards.
- Ability to address difficult problems and balance multiple priorities simultaneously; delegates and drives execution of key initiatives.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director, User Experience Design
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US