Director of Sales Operations
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27044
Position Title: Director, Sales Operations
The Director, Sales Operations manages sales operations staff who are responsible for forecasting, financial modeling, and/or commission calculations. Using knowledge of company products, services, support and technology, oversees sales operations activities to achieve company goals. Maintains relationship with field personnel to ensure timely, accurate, and prompt forecast submissions. Works with Sales and Finance Departments to develop and administer the company’s worldwide sales forecast. Responsible for organizing financial modeling and statistical studies for sales department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads a team of sales operations staff to track and manage the performance analysis / metrics of the sales organization using dashboards and reporting tools.
- Drives go-forward strategies and influences sales leadership via data driven determinations, recommendations, and outcomes.
- Partners with senior Sales organization leadership to define, refine, and maintain sales territories via comprehensive analysis.
- Conceptualizes and defines programs and processes that promote upsell, cross-sell, and increase renewals in partnership with Sales, Marketing, and Finance.
- Communicates sales and operational expense plan to the sales leaders on a regular cadence.
- Coordinates with Sales and Finance to develop and administer the company’s worldwide sales forecast.
- Accountable for financial modeling and statistical studies for sales department on regular cadence or ad-hoc as necessary.
- Works on special project work & initiatives around data analysis and process improvements.
- Partners with senior leaders in Sales Enablement and Marketing to develop and maintain up-to-date pitch decks and case studies.
- Acts as a liaison between the sales organization and finance.
- Uses analytical tools, benchmarks and other resources to track performance.
- Assists senior leadership in monthly reporting calendar and with analyses for strategic reviews.
- Develops and coaches team members.
- At this level, incumbents are expected to be in routine contact with higher levels of stakeholder leadership in order to drive planning, process, and programs related work.
Knowledge & Skills
- Uses expert leadership skill in collaboration and prioritization to direct and influence operations in the functional area.
- Expert level analytical and complex problem solving skills in their functional area, with the ability to influence as a leader across functions.
- Adept at setting and driving strategic initiatives in the functional area, as well as influencing at higher tiers of the organization.
- Frequent engagement with top level executives to provide functional expertise advice that influences business unit strategy.
- Uses functional area strategy and direction from senior leadership, as well as long term business objectives, to guide work and direct the work of others.
- Creates an environment that promotes the identification and development of talent, as well as planning for future talent needs of the organization.
- Fully adept at leading senior sales ops staff within a software sales environment, where the ability to lead change and drive outcomes with multiple stakeholder input/involvement is a must.
- Expert skill at selecting, using, and training upon sales operations/analytics automation tools and applications.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant professional experience.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Sales Operations
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 25%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US