Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27105
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
We’re currently looking for a “Senior Software Development Engineer in Test” with experience in Java Programming, developing test applications or automating using Selenium and TestNG to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are able to come up proper test strategy with the features cross micro services. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable and agile. The team crosses continents, and as such, communication in all forms is essential to success in this role. You will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Java Programming, developing test applications or automating using JUnit/TestNG/Selenium. The ideal candidate will have had experience in QA and has a good handle on scripting and SQL.
As our Senior SDET, you will be responsible for below mentioned Day-to-day Duties. In the role of Senior SDET you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior SDET you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Technically lead a team of engineers to ensure good quality releases of Informatica Cloud Products. Provides technical leadership, and cross-team coordination for other team members for their projects
- Consistently mentor junior engineers to improve their technical ability.
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review of Informatica Cloud product, one of the fastest growing integration products
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Design, develop and maintain test cases in JUnit/TestNG/Selenium
- Execute test cases and analyze and report test results to product teams
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
- Design and develop test plans; test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies
- Influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for large features
Technology You’ll Use:
- Strong knowledge in RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
- Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows Operating system; any scripting language is a must
- Experience in developing test cases by using Junit/TestNG/Selenium is a must
- Backend automation with tools such Eclipse, Maven (projects management), Java, REST-based framework
- Knowledge in testing micro service architecture in sizing, resiliency, rolling deployment/upgrade
- Experience with Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), Kubernetes, cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic) is a plus
- Experience in using JMeter is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with software development life cycles and agile programming methodologies.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree; advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in software testing or development using Java
- 1+ years of experience in leading test teams
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US