Professional Services Consulting Manager
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27110
Position Title: Manager I, IPS
Job Profile Summary
Oversees the development and implementation of detailed technology solutions for clients using company products, outsourced solutions or proprietary tools/techniques. Responsible for defining the client needs, developing a proposal to meet those needs, as well as overseeing the implementation of the complete project solution. Performs in both a people management capacity and a technical leadership capacity. Performance is typically measured by the capture of the consulting engagement and/or utilization (i.e., billable hours for the department) or performance against budget. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates consultant skills and provides consultative advice to the individual and management team regarding effective growth areas and deployment opportunities for direct reports;
- Leads performance review feedback, training needs, and certification attainment
- Supports Practice initiatives (i.e. delegation and tracking of Enablement assignments, IPS Newsletter content, hardware tracking, training feedback, etc.)
- Assigns and tracks bench activities
- Advocates direct report incentive awards (i.e. practice contribution awards, innovation awards, INFA Star Awards, etc.)
- Drives team based consultant objectives and metrics (i.e. feedback, consultant support, go-lives, training, sales leads, candidate referrals, User Group presentations, etc.)
- Maintains target utilization rate and manages scheduling to balance client billable commitments vs. management responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Uses experienced leadership skills to manage, mentor, and influence the work of others within the functional area.
- Works on issues of diverse scope requiring analytical, problem solving skills.
- Delivers upon strategic initiatives and communicates adeptly across the organization.
- Clearly communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Uses business objectives or assignments to guide own work and to direct the work of others.
- Identifies, selects, and grows team by imparting knowledge transfer and developing staff as individuals and as a team.
- Experience in Professional Services organizations
- Strong communication, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership, responsiveness, flexibility, initiative, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize organization goals over individual goals
- Ability to self-motivate, operate independently while being highly detail oriented in a remote/field management matrix
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Proven success both internally (IPS initiatives) and externally (Customer Delivery)
- Absolute desire to take on responsibility for the success of others beyond oneself
- Proven team management experience
- Experience developing/mentoring Individual Contributors
- Proven client and project management experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Must be US Citizen, Green Card holder / PR
Alternative Location(s) : Austin, Chicago, Central or East Coast
Community / Marketing Title: Professional Services Consulting Manager
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US