Lead Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27123
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Informatica Core Metadata Group delivers authoritative and trustworthy data quality to all stakeholders, all projects, and all data domains for all projects and all business applications—on premise or in the cloud—using a single, unified platform.
Informatica Enterprise Information Catalog is an integral part of the Intelligence Data Platform and provides a single version of metadata information across any organization’s data asset. Enterprise Information Catalog is responsible for
- Extracting and loading metadata across a wide variety of source systems that include DI,DM, BI and Relational sources
- Discover and profile sources to derive meaningful statistics
- Provides a rich UI interface for searching metadata and provides lineage and relationship of various metadata assets
- Leverages a variety of big data technologies.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with working experience in customer facing roles to quickly identify product/usage issues and provide technical guidance in resolving the same. In this role, you will be responsible for working with multiple internal teams (R&D, Support, Field, PM) and provide clarity on the customer issues, proactively follow up to resolve these issues, provide architectural and sizing guidance where ever applicable. You will work in a fast-paced environment with the key goal of resolving customer issues at the earliest. Your technical skills will be very critical to quickly understand and narrow down the issue and provide resolutions. You will be presenting your solutions and recommendations to other product stakeholders to use as well as consider for future product roadmap.
Our Ideal Candidate
We want you to be a strong technical member with excellent debugging skills with never die attitude. We would like you to embrace complex problems and provide quick workarounds/solutions. Your technical capability to understand the product in a short time and adapt to new circumstances will be well received. Having an excellent sense of time management to meet deadlines is quite important. We would like you to be someone who can experiment, fail fast and go back to learn again for new experiment with solution.
As an integral part of the Core Metadata team you will be responsible for the following –
- Be very hands-on in understanding the low level working details of the product.
- You are able to work with multiple customers during the day switching from one to another who may be having totally different problems/issues.
- Collaborate effectively with multiple internal teams to get a sense of the issue and provide resolution to customer issues.
- Working with customers during POC and helping in installation, configuration and debugging issues to successfully bring the product to a running state.
- Debug and identify configuration/product issues and work with GCS and R&D
- Develop excellent understanding in breadth and depth of Informatica’ s products.
- Be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy and fast growing distributed workplace
-BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields.
-Strong technical understanding and working knowledge of HDFS, Kerberos, SSL and Network storage.
- Working and hands on knowledge on Hadoop distributions like Cloudera and Hortonworks configurations
- Working experience and debugging knowledge on HBase, Solr and Spark.
- Exposure and good understanding of cloud deployment AWS/Azure
- Code for Emergency code fixes (EBF)
-Extensive knowledge on Linux scripting, commands and internals
-Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
-Excellent debugging skills in Java
-Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
-Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
-At least 6-8 years working on enterprise software products.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN