Location: Dublin, IE
Job Number: 27139
Position Title: Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Informatica is the world leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management and embraces the generational market disruption in data that is underway. As we are entering Data 3.0, where data powers digital transformation, Informatica is prepared to help businesses intelligently lead – in any sector, category, or niche.
Our team, the Infrastructure team, is part of Informatica’s IT Infrastructure and Hosting organization and is responsible for the engineering and maintenance of global storage, backup, network, and server infrastructure, as well as physical and virtual datacenters. Our team is focused on maintaining highly reliable and performance-driven systems and takes pride in its deployment of leading-edge datacenter technologies. It is a forward-looking group consisting of highly talented team members who work together closely to develop solutions which maximize the efficiency of its customers and the competitive advantage of the company.
Informatica is looking for a bright, organized, and dedicated Systems Engineer with demonstrable knowledge and experience in the area of Linux and Unix administration, to be based in the company’s Dublin, Ireland location. Virtualization experience is preferred. The IT Infrastructure and Hosting organization maintains many systems that enable access to critical business resources and enforces policies to operate and secure them. Support and administration of our global enterprise portfolio of virtualized and rackable systems with current Linux/Unix OS versions in RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), SUSe, CentOS is fundamental to this role. This includes the entire lifecycle of the systems including architecture, planning, provisioning, supporting, troubleshooting, capacity planning, patching, and decommission phases. In addition, assist with integration to on-prem and cloud virtualization platforms, automation integration (like Chef), kernel tuning, storage multipathing, and similar advanced skills. Due to the size of our enterprise and the number of systems we support, some background in scripting/automation is essential for this role. This individual will also need to be available for 24x7 support as required, as an integral part of our “follow-the-sun” model. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a lean and high-performing IT organization of over 100 people who are aligned in several geographically dispersed centers supporting an employee base of over 4,000 people in 25 countries.
Our Ideal Candidate
This role requires a highly driven, organized, and technically dynamic individual with excellent communication skills, who is able to effectively manage our global Linux/Unix systems, quickly identifying and filling any individual knowledge gaps that exist. The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the required academic criteria and experience in Linux/Unix systems administration, demonstrate the ability and willingness to work in a team, communicate effectively (both written and verbal) in a professional and friendly manner and demonstrate initiative, creativity, and competency in the area of storage administration as well as tertiary infrastructure skill areas.
- Manage, maintain, support, troubleshoot, and optimize our global virtualized and physical Linux/Unix systems, both on-prem and cloud-based.
- Manage our global user directory services (NIS, IDM)
- Mentor junior members of the Linux/Unix team, including the offshore level 1 Operations Tean
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Linux/Unix technology road maps
- Identify, originate, schedule, and execute changes and improvements for Linux/Unix systems, including process documentation
- Participate in Linux/Unix product and technology surveys and studies to support business requirements, as relevant and required.
- Engage with related hardware, software, and virtualization vendors to support our critical production hardware
- Automate and script common tasks (for efficiency) and uncommon tasks (for repeatable reports and other scriptable functions)
- Work seamlessly with virtualization teams on integration and support
- Performance tuning and capacity planning for managed resources
Your Required Skills:
- Solid knowledge of enterprise Linux flavors (Red Hat, SUSE, CentOS)
- Nice to have: solid VMWare / virtualization experience
- Proficient in using scripting to manage large environments
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Experience working in a large multi-national global environment
- Experience working on projects in these technology areas
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to excel working on a global multi-cultural team
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable technology discipline, or equivalent experience
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally (5%)
Informatica is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, unlimited flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dublin, IE