Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 27151
Position Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
The CloudTrust team powers Informatica’s transformation and ensures that all our cloud platform and products are available, performant, and safe. We implement industry-leading technologies and practices to bake in scalability, reliability, and security during product design, help teams reliably deploy global products at scale, and ensure global DevOps and Customer Support teams have the tools and data they need to safely monitor and manage our customer data and workloads. The Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) platform is powering Informatica’s transformation to host all Informatica cloud products. We are growing rapidly to keep pace with our expanding global footprint and customers’ exacting demands, and partnering with product development teams to build the systems and processes needed to out-innovate our competitors.
We are responsible for security of our production infrastructure and monitoring of security issues. We architect solutions, tools and platforms around securing our cloud infrastructure. Our team is passionate about the details and we work very closely with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Design and implement the architecture of next generation of automated infrastructure following Infrastructure as a Code model.
- Manage the infrastructure, tools, and rules that keep the Security Operations and Response team running
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations and to prevent their recurrence using different methods of automation
- Help improve security and risk posture and solve scalability challenges with engineering teams
- Develop tools to improve our ability to monitor multi-cloud infrastructure for security issues
- Devise & implement solutions which will stop problems which are yet to happen.
- Everything as a code - if anything was done manually - find out the reason and fix it to ensure its never ever done manually again.
- Build analytics and self-service tools to ensure that Incident Response team has data to act in minimally possible time-frame
- Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture, and help build a fast-growing team
- Preferably a degree in Computer Science in Software engineering or Information technology or related fields.
- 7 years of relevant experience with managing IT infrastructure and 2 years of Devops/CloudOps experience is must.
- Experience with any one public cloud computing technologies from vendors such as AWS, Azure, GCP is must.
- Possess a solid understanding of the Linux or Unix family of OS and their underlying components Networking basics.
- Expertise in a high-level language anyone like Python or Ruby. Architect, implement, scale server and network infrastructure to support high growth rates Hands-on scripting background (Bourne/Korn Shell, Python/Perl/Ruby/Go)
- Experience in Log Management, log management and creating dashboard in any one of the tools like Sumologic or Grafana Cloud.
- Experience in maintaining security tools such Web application Firewall(WAF), Key Management System(KMS), Identity and Access Management(IAM) tools
- Possess analytical skills, mental resiliency and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organisation.
- Very comfortable working in an agile DevOps oriented capacity, alongside Development partners
Nice to Have:
- AWS Certifications
- Contributions to open source projects
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN