Build & Release Engineer
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27178
Position Title: Software Engineer
We’re currently looking for a Build/Release engineer with experience in Build and CI/CD tools and technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Ant, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Perforce, Git, AWS to join our team in Redwood City, CA.
As our Release/Tools Engineer, you will be responsible for you will manage system releases, coordinate all aspects of the release, and aid internal teams in supporting on-perm and cloud releases. You will be driving the setup and improvements for CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous deployment) pipelines, including managing jobs and their dependencies by creating tools that will empower the development team to work as effectively as possible, and will build and develop distributed systems that automate everything needed to scale our applications globally and deploy quality code.. In the role of Release/Tools Engineer, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Release/Tools Engineer you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You’ll Use:
- Maven, Gradle, Ant
- GIT, Perforce
- Artifactory, Nexus
- Shell, Python, Perl
- Kubernetes, Dockers
- Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, Spinnaker
- AWS, Azure, GCP
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Maintain the build process to support development cycle through to final GA release
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Manage and maintain software defined infrastructure environment, configuration and build scripts for Product Engineering production environment
- Leverage a range of CI/CD tools for the effective build and release management of on-perm and Java microservices
- Monitor all events that occur and detect and escalate exception conditions during CI and CD process where Infrastructure impacts applications/platform
- Manage availability, latency and scalability of the CI/CD process
- Maintain operational stability; enforce security measures, testing, development and deployment of new Infrastructure related technologies
- Work with Product Engineering to better refine automated provisioning through analysis of application patterns/workflow
- Proactive in tackling oncoming problems or providing suitable workaround or steppingstone-step for addressing issues.
- Supporting an enterprise product release cycle of concurrent versions. Adapting the release cycle as business needs.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Design and build tools/frameworks to automate development, testing, deployment, management and monitoring of our internal services and products.
- Develop and evangelize solutions to challenges faced by engineering teams to elevate developer productivity
- Researches new software development, configuration management methodologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience in software design/development, release engineering (cloud/on-perm) and/or configuration management.
- 1-2 years of experience using one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Bash
- Working knowledge related to Docker, Jenkins/Jenkins Pipeline, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with structured build files/tools like Ant, Maven, POM, Jenkins, Gradle, Python, Groovy
- Experience with Artifactory, Nexus
- Solid experience in build and release activities using Maven and Ant scripts and automation of such activities
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of SCM concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Experience in configuration management related activities (Perforce, GIT)
- Working knowledge of *nix/Windows Operating systems
- Ability to work with customers, developers, documentation, product management, support staff
- Understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed
What We’d Like to See
- AWS, Azure and GCP is a big plus
- Knowledge of Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Knowledge of RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Build & Release Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US