Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 27185
Position Title: QA Architect
QA Architect, Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog Development
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
Informatica Core Metadata Group (CMG) enables delivering authoritative, trustworthy and high-quality data to all stakeholders across all domains for all projects and business applications—on premise or in the cloud—using a single, unified platform, the Intelligent Data Platform.
As the QA Architect of the Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog team, you will be working alongside with the development architect and is involved in driving organization-wide quality process and technical initiatives and their implementation. You will be influencing other quality and development teams in different product lines and geo location to deliver the world class Cloud Data Catalog and Governance Services. You will be a key contributor to Informatica’s next generation cloud platform based on micro-service architecture.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have significant hands on experience working on high performance cloud products. You relish the opportunity to deliver world class Software-as-a-Service that will be used by hundreds of thousands of customers. You have strong data management background. You are an experienced Quality Architect who can leverage strong blend of engineering and business skills and coach and mentor highly motivated engineers who enjoy working on technically challenging projects aligned to the business strategy.
As Architect of Quality Engineering, you will lead the definition, implementation and continual improvement of our enterprise quality assurance processes and will influence all aspects of ensuring an enterprise-grade product. A successful candidate is a dynamic and innovative leader who can drive the state-of-the-art quality solutions to the organization. You can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You have exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to handle high profile escalation and drive quick turnaround to solve customer production issues.
The successful candidate will be based in Redwood City, CA and will:
- Champion quality across the Engineering organization and company
- Drive the quality roadmap and implementation of standards, methods, metrics and procedures ensuring and evaluating the quality of our software products
- Handle customer escalation to ensure our cloud service has high customer satisfaction
- Build a strong QA team by participating in hiring process, mentoring and retaining top talents
- Pro-actively analyze current processes and practices and suggest/ drive improvements. Also, defines processes as needed that has wide-reaching scope, impact and influence extending beyond the confines of the QE and spans across the entire product organization
- Will be playing role of counterpart to the development architect & is involved in driving organization-wide Quality Process initiatives and their implementation to ensure Quality of deliverables
- Being part of strategic team will be able influence the product organization’s future direction, strategy and planning, collaborates effectively & on an on-going basis with all constituents involved in product development & release activity including development, testing, technical publications, marketing, program management and other entities to ensure execution & deliverables per plan
- Be a hands-on technical architect and lead the team to shape testing strategy, testing execution and performance and scalable multi-tier cloud product
- Drive test automation and ensure we have efficient and effective regression test cycle
- Be viewed as the key “go to” person for the any technical troubleshoot of the product
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and keep abreast of the latest trends, technologies, and competitive landscape
- Identify and promote opportunities to drive more business value
- Be driven to get optimal results and not let anything stand in your way
- Experienced engineering executive, well versed in building outstanding organizations
- 10+ years of enterprise software quality experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded server-based cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements
- 8+ years of leading a QA scrum team through the entire software test lifecycle and delivering products to market on time
- 8+ years of data management experience, such as database internals; SQL parsing, processing and query optimization; data federation and virtualization; ETL and EAI; SOAP and REST-based web services and service-oriented architectures
- 5+ years of running a QA team for a SaaS product or Cloud Services
- Experience with micro-services architecture preferred.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging SaaS and cloud technologies
- Strong knowledge of Cloud DevOp tool, such as Chef, Consul, SumoLogic, and public cloud technology, such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Demonstrated technical leadership
- Exceptional project management skills and program leadership skills, preferably with Agile methodologies; strong analytical and organizational skills
- Superior decision making and relationship building skills; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative team player; welcomes and incubates new ideas; instills a strong collaborative work ethic
- Strong team building experience
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: QA Architect
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US