Cloud Sales Specialist
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27216
Position Title: Sales Specialist 2
The Cloud Sales Specialist is responsible for selling a limited number of the company’s products, typically a technology or those that are strategic in nature. Typically specializes in a single product or product line, and carries an overlay quota. Generally not account-assigned; called into accounts as opportunities are identified and may work with account-assigned sales account managers to close sale. May manage and coordinate the sales and technical team in support of the sale of the company’s products. May also be called on as a technical product expert to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions, and close complex technical sales. This is a field sales position where extensive travel to the customer’s location is regularly expected and key to the performance of the role. Travel is up to and may exceed 50%, based on the needs of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with sales account managers, pre-sales consultants, Partner Sales staff, and professional services colleagues in the expansion of sales within existing and/or new accounts, while building relationships with key decision makers.
- Navigates a complex, enterprise sales environment to understand customer needs and promote/develop competitive business propositions for their specialist area of the company's product portfolio.
- Uses account planning and management skills to address customer needs timely and with competitive solutions.
- Follow up on leads generated by business development, inside sales, marketing and partners and qualify the funnel of opportunities, as well as create new pipeline via prospecting efforts.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc).
- Accountable for accurate forecasting and regular quarterly revenue delivery for specialist product area.
- Communicates company news/product updates to existing customers and prospects
- Identifies and defines use cases for Informatica products.
- Coordinates through initial launch of use cases on Informatica platforms.
- Effectively address Client satisfaction and issues until resolved. This will include coordinating internal resources that interact with each Client.
- Manage the onboarding process for new select Informatica Clients.
- At this level, incumbents will have developing expertise and knowledge of the company’s products and services, particularly within their specialization.
- Assigned opportunities/engagements are moderately complex in nature and expectation of attributed revenue retirement would be higher than lesser-scoped sales specialist role levels.
- Incumbents sell-to and interact with initial decision maker levels increasingly more senior customer decision maker levels, with less routine interactions with senior executive and/or CXO levels, within the customer.
Knowledge & Skills
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Leverages industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills.
- Deep understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Enthusiastic self-starter and ability to lead and compel others to get on board.
- Ability to build consultative effectiveness and establish trust with internal and external customers.
- Developing knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Sales Specialist
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Navigating COVID-19 and Beyond
- Since March 2020, our INFA Team have been working remotely to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19
- During this time, work-life balance and the well-being of our team has been a priority for us. In lieu of not being in the office, our teams are actively participating online via video chats. You'll find groups connecting for online games, virtual break rooms, online training, yoga, morning coffee, and so much more!
- We're also offering all teammates the ability to expense home office items (monitor, chair, desk, etc…) to ensure that you're as comfortable as possible
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US