Education Services, Inside Sales Representative
Location: Austin, Texas US
Job Number: 27223
Position Title: Sr Inside Sales Representative
Sells the company’s products, systems and/or services via telephone or electronic means to customers in assigned territory, industry, or accounts. Must close the sale on products, systems and/or services. May generate prospective customers through cold calling and may qualify and follow up with sales leads. Sales can be made through multichannel, inbound and/or outbound sales activities. Requires application of in-depth technical knowledge of products, systems and services (may include contract documentation). May be responsible for large, diverse, complex territories and/or products. This role is overlay to the field sales force, typically supporting the initiatives of the field sales organization and carrying an individual or team quota that is shared with the field. Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry, as well as the competitive posture of the company, and prepares activity and forecast reports as requested. Has thorough knowledge of company products, systems and services. May direct customers to website or other company resources for information. May act as sole sales representative for assigned territory, industry, accounts, and/or products. May establish and maintain relationships with channel partners. Represents the company to the customer and the customer to the company in all sales-oriented activities. Focuses on acquiring new customers and retaining and growing an existing installed base of customers. Minimal business travel or work outside office required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and execute outbound multi-channel prospecting strategy. Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer engagement to exceed assigned sales targets.
- Drive opportunity creation, deal progression, and closure of new business within defined account segmentation.
- Own and manage sales excellence in forecasting, pipeline development, and CRM opportunity management.
- Define and execute upon go-to-market strategy to identify incremental pipeline gains and revenue within whitespace accounts. Align and collaborate with sales ecosystem (Field Sales, Pre-Sales, Cloud First Response, Business Development, Customer Success and Renewals) to implement go-to-market and generate net new business.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc).
- Lead demand generation and promote campaigns from conception, planning, execution, and launch to post-launch analysis.
- Explore and understands customer requirements on both a business and technical level to create a strategic plan of action.
- Prepare and conduct virtual presentations, while maintaining effective communication with customer decision makers and influencers.
- Attend training to develop and implement the right behaviors, attitude and techniques to exceed sales goals.
- Understand and communicate all product and technological strategies employed by competitive and complimentary organizations within Informatica’s market space.
- Documented, consistent success exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets through thorough account planning and weekly forecasting sessions.
- Mastery and consistent execution of Informatica’s internal sales methodology.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through coaching, mentoring and developing Inside Sales professionals.
- Ability to fully navigate complex business processes and legal requirements to negotiate win-win contractual agreements.
- Engage with Inside Sales team members regularly to share best practices, collaborate on joint initiatives and support team objectives
- Consistent regular attendance at work
- May perform other duties and responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Leverages industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Effective presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills.
- Deep understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Enthusiastic self-starter and ability to lead and compel others to get on board.
- Ability to build consultative effectiveness and establish trust with internal and external customers.
- Developing knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years of relevant experience with > High School Diploma
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience with undergrad degree and/or professional training.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Education Services, Inside Sales Representative
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US