Big Data Presales Specialist, EMEA (S)
Job Number: 23000
Position Title: Product Specialist
Informatica is looking for an experienced and dynamic presales professional who wants to further their career specialising in one of Informatica’s key and exciting technology areas - Big Data Management. This role will support the regional Sales & Presales teams with in-depth big data technical expertise in support of new and emerging industry trends including next generation analytics, self-service data preparation, IOT/streaming and AI/machine learning. As part of the EMEA Specialist team, the role will involve:
- Bringing Hadoop, Spark and other related Big Data advanced technology and product knowledge into solution sales opportunities to assist the field in complex engagements.
- Providing the interface between the field presales and other technology functions within Informatica,for product direction and feedback.
- Developing market and industry understanding of Big Data; Big Data drivers, organizational challenges, existing solutions and relevant, new technologies and market trends
- Evangelizing the value of Informatica’s Big Data offering with sales teams, key customers and industry experts/analysts.
- Providing enablement to the presales community on new and advanced capabilities of Informatica’s Big Data related technology and solutions.
Reporting to the manager of the EMEA Big Data Specialists, you will join an EMEA-wide team of highly regarded presales specialists who provide an expert level service to the wider field Sales and Presales community.
The main responsibilities of the job include:
- Support field opportunities with expert level knowledge:
- Taking ownership in obtaining "technical closure" where the specialist team are responsible for leading an opportunity;
- Provide expert assistance to the regional presales teams, where opportunity ownership is aligned to the field;
- Conduct detailed architecture pitch/reviews of all products in the assigned specialist area;
- Facilitate and execute POCs where advanced capabilities are required, or when regional teams lack resource to cover the subject matter;
- Create repeatable counter strategies to competitive threats and provide subject matter material to support the broader presales team;
- For field issues involving your area of your expertise, provide ownership and arbitration for field escalation into other technology functions within Informatica.
- Technical Advocate for a given subject matter or domain expertise:
- Collect, prioritise and build a case based on multiple opportunities for the future solution direction into R&D;
- Actively participate in knowledge exchange and in Alpha & Beta testing cycles;
- Review/Validate and provide feedback on Product Requirement Documents (PRD) and Market Requirement Documents (MRD);
- Maintain expert level knowledge in your specific technology, solution or domain area.
- Provide Enablement to broader presales community:
- Contribute and maintain the knowledge of commonly-used demos, presentations and FAQs
- Coordinate and deliver presentations or hands-on sessions to ensure the field Presales community maintain sufficient knowledge of your technical domain;
- Coach & mentor key members of the regional field Presales teams who will take the lead role, at a regional level, for your area of expertise. The goal is to enable the regional teams to be self sufficient, rather than continually providing remote assistance;
- Contribute to the knowledge base of subject matter material for your area of expertise.
- Share knowledge across the team and continuously develop and enhance personal and team capabilities.
We are looking for someone who has:
- At least 3 years practical working experience with data integration (ETL/ELT) technologies
- Working knowledge of one or more Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR) and other related big data / cloud technologies
- At least 5 years pre / post-sales experience in delivering enterprise solutions to Fortune 500 customers
- Solution oriented skills – ability to leverage Informatica products to solve business problems and design complete solutions to an industry scenario or business use case
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally, mainly in Europe.
- Strong English language skills.
The following skills are not required, but desirable:
- Proven experience with Informatica DI product set (PowerCenter, Platform, Big Data Management) would be an advantage.
- Development experience in Java/Scala, Python, R would be an advantage.
- Fluency in other European languages would also be an advantage.
Core competencies required to perform this role:
- Influential or Consultative level communication skills.
- Problem solving & Analytical Thinking.
- Learning Acumen & Enablement.
- Business Acumen & Commercial Drive.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Presales Specialist, EMEA (S)
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Location_formattedLocationLong: Maidenhead, GB