Principal Solutions Consultant, ANZ
Location: Sydney, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 23477
Position Title: Principal Solutions Consultant
The Senior Solutions role is responsible for providing solution focused presales support to the Sales team and plays a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation but also with Informatica’s reputation in the marketplace. We’re the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Backed by the strength of the Informatica brand we act as trusted advisors to solve our customers’ data problems.
We are seeking a technically adept, collaborative solution engineer professional to join our team. You’ll work with other members of the pre-sales team to address the technical needs of potential customers and close new business deals from sales leads. In this role, you’ll serve as a counselor and advisor to customers and an outcome focused coach to coworkers, providing advice and guidance throughout the sales cycle. Since the pre-sales team is responsible for capitalizing on new business leads and opportunities, members of the pre-sales team are instrumental to Informatica’s future growth in the region. This role is based in Sydney, Australia.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re technically sophisticated and have the patience and passion to guide customers and stakeholders through all the capabilities of our products and solutions. Whether it’s an initial product evaluation, competitive proof point, or addressing technical pain points, you’re willing to take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed. You find a collaborative work environment rewarding yet are equally adept at and content working independently. As an influential and effective solution engineer, you are eager to share your knowledge and best practices and to develop and sustain an open line of communication with your supervisor and teammates. If your team members or customers are in remote locations, you are comfortable with frequent travel in order to engage face-to-face. In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Ability to rapidly understand and translate clients’ business challenges and concerns into a solution oriented discussion.
- Persuasive communication skills for presenting to all customer levels, from CTOs/CIOs and to engineering manager.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting database and application problems.
- Will have a good understanding of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Salesforce or similar.
- You will have worked in an indirect, partner focused sales environment
- A working knowledge of Informatica solutions would be preferred.
You’ll serve as the subject matter expert with responsibility for analyzing, explaining and selling the technical aspects of the solution to customers. Working with Sales Account Managers, you’ll manage the technical sales cycle to ensure new business opportunities come to fruition and generate revenue for the company. On a weekly basis, you’ll proactively engage with customers and prospects to demonstrate our products and effectively communicate the key differentiators. To set the stage for successful implementations, you’ll assists customers with initial product evaluations and share relevant customer success stories. Connecting the dots between the technical requirements of a project and the business requirements is elemental to the success of this position. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Respond promptly to customer questions with deep, detailed technical explanations of product features and capabilities
- Serve as a technical coach to your colleagues in sales, professional services, product management and engineering
- Prepare and deliver differentiated solution presentations or technical proposals
- Deliver and/or coordinate differentiated solution demonstrations to prospective customers
- Manage technical validation activities including proof of concepts
- BS degree or equivalent experience in product and cloud applications, ability to understand and explain related technologies, working knowledge of company products, all potential applications and effective communication skills.
- Minimum of five years in pre-sales OR enterprise software implementation experience at a software vendor/partner ecosystem
- Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business customers or prospects.
- Excellent hands on Relational Database skills.
- Experience in Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Data Quality, Business Intelligence and RBDMS
- Understanding of Hadoop environment would be looked at favourably
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, bonus, superannuation, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica, you can learn more about our company, and our products and services at www.informatica.com. #LI-OG1
State: New South Wales
Alternative Location(s) : Sydney
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Solutions Consultant, ANZ
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sydney, New South Wales AU