Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Job Number: 24001
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, Informatica Cloud
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
The Informatica Cloud team is responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Data Management and other Information Management solution as a service on the Cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
You will participate in the testing effort of Informatica Cloud Platform and Applications. You will test and critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth. Your opinion will be sought out by product managers on many upcoming features. You will also help your immediate manager to evaluate risk factors in upcoming releases. You will develop test programs to ensure high product quality, and develop advanced test tools to increase productivity and efficiency. There will be many opportunities to interact directly with Sales and Marketing groups and Customer support to understand market needs and incorporate those into product verifications.
Our Ideal Candidate You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, products, and use cases. You are able to come up proper test strategy with the features cross micro services. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable and agile. The team crosses continents, and as such, communication in all forms is essential to success in this role. You will be expected to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of Java Programming, developing test applications or automating using JUnit/TestNG/Selenium. The ideal candidate will have had experience in QA and has a good handle on scripting and SQL.
- Participate in product functional reviews, test specifications, documentation review of Informatica Cloud product, one of the fastest growing integration products
- Collaborate effectively with peer engineers and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas to deliver end-to-end quality in our technology and customer experience
- Design, develop and maintain test cases in JUnit/TestNG/Selenium
- Execute test cases and analyze and report test results to product teams
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
- Provision the environment in AWS/Azure and deploy the product with validation
- Design and develop test plans; test cases based upon functional and design specifications
- Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned technologies
- Influence and communicate effectively with non-technical audiences including senior product and business management
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for large features
- 5+ years of experience in testing or development using Java or C++
- Strong knowledge in RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
- Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows Operating system; any scripting language is a must
- Experience in developing test cases by using Junit/TestNG/Selenium is a must
- Backend automation with tools such Eclipse, Maven (projects management), Java, REST-based framework
- Knowledge in testing micro service architecture in sizing, resiliency, rolling deployment/upgrade
- Knowledge on Chef deployment scripting is a must
- Experience with Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), Kubernetes, cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic) is a plus
- Experience in using JMeter is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with software development life cycles and agile programming methodologies
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree; advanced degree a plus
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement and employee stock purchase (ESP) programs, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior SDET
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US