Software Engineer, Informatica Cloud Service
Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Job Number: 24279
Position Title: Software Engineer
Software Engineer, Informatica Cloud Service
Everything Informatica does begins and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data – data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
The Informatica Cloud team is responsible for building the leading integration-Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) product to provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management and other Information Management solution as a service on the Cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our service for moving billions of records every day.
As a software engineer in the Informatica Cloud team, you will work with a world class team of engineers to design and build the next generation microservices architecture based cloud platform using cutting edge cloud technology and DevOp tool, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/Azure, Sumologic, Consul, Sensu, Chef, Terraform.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a professional software engineer with full-stack web application development experience. You enjoy working on technically challenging projects. You are willing to work on many different projects, and interested in assuming various responsibilities. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment, and are self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be based in Chicago, IL and will:
- Investigate, design, and develop the features individually or with a small team
- Lead feature development and follow through with other team members to ensure high quality and predictable delivery
- Work with the QA team to ensure minimal regressions and comprehensive customer-centric testing
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Passionately share your knowledge: you enjoy mentoring team members, can communicate effectively, and clearly articulate and support UX decisions to a wide audience
- Assist customers and field engineers with troubleshooting issues and problems
- 2 or more years of enterprise software development experience, preferably with data-intensive and multi-threaded service-oriented cloud products with high performance and scalability requirements, micro services experience is a plus.
- 2 + year experience in J2EE Spring Framework, Persistence Framework, Java SDK, web service protocol stack, REST, XML, JSON
- 2 + year experience in MVC and coding patterns, object-oriented programming skills; good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Docker and cloud platforms (AWS, Azure), cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, NewRelic) is a plus
- Experience with Cloud application development, deployment, operation, and support
- Familiar with cloud application security good practice
- Familiarity with unit testing techniques for Web UI, Ant, JUnit, Eclipse
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative and willing to mentor and develop others
- Experience in Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical/dental, 401(k), flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Informatica Cloud Service
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US