Director of Social Media
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 24611
Position Title: Director, Social Media Relationships
Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to fuel innovation, become more agile and realize new growth opportunities, resulting in intelligent market disruptions. Over the past 25 years, Informatica has helped more than 9,000 customers unleash the power of data. You can unleash your potential through career development and opportunities with the worldwide leader in data management
Reporting to Senior Director of Brand Management & Media, Informatica is looking for a strategic and creative marketer who will redefine our paid, owned and earned social media function. The Director of Social Media will be responsible for providing strategic direction on audience alignment and platforms, and content creation regarding social media. This position delivers projects that meet the company’s strategic vision, brand and business objectives.
What You’ll Do
• Be the change agent for strengthening our brand connection in the hearts and minds of our target audiences through our social media channels
• Oversee overall social media strategy, application, content management, planning, crisis management, and goal setting
• Develop an integrated media and content orchestration model that encompasses paid media, paid and organic social media and content, to aid in the increase of brand awareness and engagement and delivers customer value. Work across marketing functions and disciplines to align social calendar (product marketing, PR, demand, customer advocacy, events, advertising, campaigns)
• Create social-first content that drives brand credibility, engagement and preference and demonstrates Informatica’s position as a thought leader
• Collaborate with our media lead and media agency to ensure our paid social approach aligns to our earned and owned strategy and each is working in service of the other
• Develop social-first programs to create and amplify thought leadership content on trending topics
• Develop POV around trends and align campaign assets (e.g., videos, articles, infographics, blogs to drive engagement via clicks, view, shares. Ensure that content can be leveraged across multiple platforms but developed for Social channels first
• Oversee the day to day posting on relevant social media platforms, work with marketing functions for real-time posting for time-bound triggers (events, competitive response, crisis, etc)
• Tracks and generates performance reports via access to analytic tools (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
• Working with various marketing functions, develop guardrails, SLA’s and process for “approved” social posters and instituting a governance process
• Build hub and spoke, community managers for global scale and regional readiness
• Oversee the development of quarterly reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the management and executive teams.
Who you are
• MBA preferred. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or other relevant graduate degree required; Previous experience in high-tech, software
• Previous social media and content strategy experience required
• Part left-brain and part right-brain thinker, with 12+ years of relevant business experience in social media, branded content development, and brand building competencies including branding, advertising, media planning, research and analytics
• Experience measuring and making recommendations using performance measurement tools and metrics
• Experience applying marketing strategy to creative ideas and campaign activation across video, digital, mobile, social and event marketing.
• Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
• Solid knowledge of SEO
• Strategic and systematic thinker with a passion for application and implementation, and you have the cross-functional skills required to get things done
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• You have a deep understanding of driving end-to-end activation from creative development, media, production, campaign tracking and overall project execution of off/online campaigns
• You take resourceful action, and can skillfully navigate and timely resolution of complex problems
• You are open-minded with a flexible operating style, and natural consultative approach who gains the trust and respect of individuals at all levels, and fosters a positive team environment
• You are an initiator and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance, while having a keen eye for detail
• You are creative, collaborative, disruptive. Highly organized and love solving a variety of business problems backed by data
• You are open-minded with a flexible operating style, and have a natural consultative approach with individuals at all levels, fostering a positive team environment
• You possess a mastery of your craft to be successful in a growing global company, but you have an entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable thriving in the gray
• You’re a master organizer and have an acute attention to detail
• You’re a multitasking ninja ready to manage multiple projects simultaneously
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Social Media
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US