Design Program Manager
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 24632
Position Title: Manager, Program Management (Non-Tech)
Join our User Experience team to help us design next-generation tools for data management including Data and Applications Integration, Data Quality, Data Preparation, Big Data, API management, Data Security and more. Impact the way people within organizations, from IT professionals to business users, interact with and use data.
Solve big, complex problems, while collaborating in an exciting high-paced environment, with other highly professional designers and researchers.
The successful candidate will be based at our Redwood City campus and will be responsible for:
- Owning and drive the project lifecycle from scheduling, organizing, design reviews, implementation to launch
- Collaborating, communicating, and negotiating with cross functional partners and stakeholders at all levels across the organization
- Participating in design reviews, preparations, and post-mortems
- Collaborating with UX design leads with resourcing, team allocation, project status and team health
- Managing deliverables in an accurate and timely fashion
- Understanding the core features and product, and work with the design leads to set goals and priorities
- Proactively raising and resolving issues around our initiatives before they are a problem for individuals
- Building impactful relationships and serve as a dependable point of contact across the design teams and cross-functional partners you're working with in all offices
- Managing program communication and proactively connect with cross-functional partners
- Driving clarity around ownership, objectives and next steps
- Fostering a fun, creative, collaborative spirit
- 5+ years of experience as a producer, project manager or program manager with proven ability in managing design workflows and project plans within and around a design team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related discipline – or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with designers and creating design communities
- Relevant understanding of current design processes and systems with experience with time management, task prioritization, and identifying problems and working towards solutions
- Great communication skills, written and verbal, with all stakeholders (ie: attention to detail with borderline obsessive organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity and flexible workflow)
- A ‘big picture’ approach in helping establish, support, and engage teams, while still managing the details
- Some knowledge and understanding of user-centered design product development
- Understanding of UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Proven effectiveness working in cross-functional teams that include product management, engineering, QA, documentation and other UX professionals
- Awareness of user-research methods, analytics, and other insights to guide product direction
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Design Program Manager
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US