Technical Writer - Intern
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 24682
Position Title: Intern
Technical Writer - Intern
Reporting to the Manager for Documentation, you will be a key member of the writing team. The team in Toronto works on master data management products. You will have an opportunity to contribute to both internal and external content.
Informatica is looking for an energetic intern with outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You have excellent analytical abilities and strong technical skills. You are a self-starter and can be a high impact member of the documentation team. You will gain experience working in a fast-paced environment creating content that is clear, concise, and useful. You will learn how to create various types of content and learn common tech writing tools and skills.
We are currently hiring for the January 2019 timeframe. In this 4 months Full-Time internship, you will focus on improving the content in a wiki for internal software developers. You will also contribute to customer content based on your interests and our needs during your internship. For example, you might create a video or contribute to improving a guide.
You will be located in our Toronto, Ontario office, which is walking distance from Union Station.
- Graduating between December 2018 and June 2019 with a BA/MA/BS/MS (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences)
- Must be a student, currently enrolled with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn technical information
- Ability to meet deadlines and help others meet them
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy and is committed to excellence
- Programming experience is highly desirable because you will be organizing and improving content for developers
- Knowledge of master data management concepts is a plus
- Experience with database and application servers is a plus
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer - Intern
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA