Senior Revenue Analyst
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 24739
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Our world-class Global Finance and Accounting team provides an infrastructure that supports all elements of the Informatica business with a keen focus on supporting our sales team with information, processes, and policy clarification they need to exceed their goals.
You would report to the Director of Revenue and will be very familiar with technical accounting requirements (FASB and SEC Rules and Regulations) around software revenue recognition, including ASC 606, as you provide input into contract negotiations to balance legal, finance and business concerns. You will work in a highly visible environment and will be responsible for determining proper revenue recognition on software and cloud sales arrangements, assisting in the management of internal controls, preparing reporting analyses for finance management and interacting with the external auditors.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have analytical skills matched with superb communication. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You will have demonstrated strong time management skills including the ability to independently prioritize and track competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. You have a strong desire to learn practical applications of technical accounting standards.
- Review of software licensing and cloud arrangements to determine the appropriate accounting treatment, address potential issues, and document conclusions. Prepare revenue recognition packages for review by management. Assist in gathering information for auditors as part of the quarterly interim reviews and annual audit.
- Manage processes (including running reports and performing reconciliations) to ensure that accounting information is accurately captured and reflected in ERP system (Oracle) in accordance with documented policies and GAAP and reported in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining Sarbanes Oxley 404 control documentation, and ensure that controls are operating as documented.
- Process individual contracts in Oracle and ensure revenue is recognized appropriately.
- Review accounting policies and procedures; make recommendations for improvements. Document new policies and procedures as required.
- Assist with external reporting tasks such as drafting revenue related disclosures for SEC regulatory filings, as needed.
- Assist in system implementations and enhancements.
- Assist with mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, purchase price accounting, and integration.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration and Accountancy
- 2-4 years of recent Public Accounting experience with a Big-4 firm
- Software industry experience and solid understanding of software revenue recognition
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work collaboratively in a team
- Self-motivated and able to work with a limited amount of supervision
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office
- Ability to understand and apply complex accounting rules to real-life transactions
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Revenue Analyst
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US