Lead Front End (UI) Engineer
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 24793
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Lead Front End (UI) Engineer
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada and will be responsible for:
- Design and implement the MDM User Interface Infrastructure and UI components
- Design and develop easy-to-use robust features that perform and scale in a multi-tenant environment
- Proactively identifying architectural and implementation weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Contribute to the all aspect of the engineering process; i.e., Agile, design reviews, etc.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to UI, UX and other team members
- Become the key “go to” lead for any technical challenges of the product
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of Software Development experience is reqired
- Ability to provide mentorship and coaching to a team of engineers
- Expert level knowledge and experience with one or more of the DOM Manipulating Frameowoks: JQuery, YUI, DOJO, ExtJS.
- Experience with one or more Server side UI techonologies: JSP, JSF, PHP
- Expert level knowledge and experience with one or more of the client side MVC Frameowoks: AngularJS, ReactJS.
- Experience with UI Layout frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with client side Unit testing and e2e frameworks and tools: Jasmine, Mocha, Karma, PhontomJS
- Experience with UI Debugging, Profiling.
- Experience with UI build, Packaging and Optimization tools: Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, Bower.
- Experience with JSON, XML
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Experience with building single page web applications.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Object-Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with design patterns.
- Experience with UML.
- Understanding of the software development process (SDLC / Agile) in a software product company.
- Experience with RdBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams across time zones.
- Nice to have Visualisation Libraries experience with: D3, Highcharts
- Nice to have UI Performance experience
- Nice to have e2e testing experience: Protractor
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Front End (UI) Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA