Principal Product Marketing Manager for Enterprise Data Catalog
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 25068
Position Title: Product Marketing Manager 4
Informatica’s industry leading product marketing team has played a critical role in driving the marketing strategy behind the company’s undisputed leadership across five market categories. In addition to being a highly cohesive team, it is a group of fun, smart, nimble, multi-talented, and high-energy individuals, focused on driving impact for sales, customer success and overall market leadership for Informatica. Each member of our team owns a strategic part of the business, and has specific areas of responsibility in multiple areas such as market strategy, competitive positioning, solutions messaging, market analysis, sales training, and storytelling. Many members of our team are seen as leading subject matter experts in the industry.
Are you a self-motivated marketer, passionate about creating and driving market growth for innovative products and solutions that disrupt industries by accelerating the data-driven digital transformation of our customers? Then, this is the role of a lifetime that you should consider. You will be a key member of the team, and will be responsible for product marketing for our industry-leading data catalog solutions. You will take complete ownership for product marketing around data cataloging, and work cross-functionally with product management, sales, alliance teams, and other groups within marketing, to drive key deliverables to support sales enablement, demand generation, and thought leadership.
You will contribute to all aspects of product marketing – defining market strategies; creating sleek, provocative, and brilliant messaging and positioning; authoring compelling digital content; evangelizing our data catalog solutions through social media, analysts, and press; enabling sales and partner alliances; and showcasing customer success stories. You will help communicate through various channels how companies can succeed with Informatica’s data catalog solutions to achieve their business goals.
Informatica is the leader in enterprise cloud data management and we’re taking the company to the next level from a $1B to $3B company. How often do you have the opportunity to work for an innovative billion dollar start-up having the stability of a mature company with thousands of customers already in production that you can cross-sell and up-sell to along with an extensive partner eco-system to drive new business?
Our Ideal Candidate
Data is quickly becoming the fuel for the new economy and Informatica is leading the way with an intelligent data platform powered by AI that turns data into trusted currency so our customers can discover and realize new growth opportunities and out-perform their competitors. As companies collect, integrate, and move more data at lower latencies they need a trusted and strategic partner to lead them through these business and digital transformations. That’s where you come into the picture as a high energy and passionate change agent increasing our brand perception, pipeline, and customer success for Informatica’s Enterprise Data Catalog product solutions.
You have a lot of energy matched with superb communication skills. You excel in a fast-paced environment and exceed goals. When something isn’t working, you shift gears quickly, and come up with a new approach and renewed energy to tackle any challenge. You have demonstrated strong leadership and project management experience including the ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. You will also:
• Be well versed or familiar with technologies as relates to data cataloging, metadata management, Big Data, AI and machine learning and Cloud
• Message and market to integration specialists, ad-hoc integrators, and citizen integrators
• Drive new business through the partner eco-system
• Help companies on their journey to Next Gen Analytics and Data Governance
• Help companies adopt data cataloging solutions both on-premises and in the Cloud
• Be persuasive with written and verbal communication skills
• Have great interpersonal skills and intrinsic enthusiasm that allow you to build strong relationships with co-workers and with customers and partners
• Think out-of-the-box and bring a creative flair to product positioning and marketing campaigns
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Marketing for Enterprise Data, you will be based in Redwood City, CA and will:
• Collaborate with product management, sales, field marketing, partner alliances and other functions to develop and execute the marketing strategy for Informatica’s Enterprise Data Catalog business and serve as the voice of the market for product strategy development
• Be a strategic team leader and mentor
• Be the company Go-To-Market expert and leader for Informatica’s Enterprise Data Catalog.
• Develop product positioning and messaging that effectively differentiates Informatica’s Enterprise Data Catalog from the competition.
• Work with customers to develop compelling assets that tell the story of their success with Informatica’s Enterprise Data Catalog
• Own and deliver a complete bill of materials of content including presentations, briefs, FAQs, demos, guides and related collateral that enable the sales process from lead generation to deal close
• Serve as a subject matter expert to enable the sales team to effectively articulate the value of Informatica’s Enterprise Data Catalog to prospects as well as actively participate in deals and customer meetings
• Develop thought leadership content to accelerate customer and industry awareness, and adoption of Informatica’s Enterprise Data Catalog, such as case studies, white papers, blog posts etc.
• Work with Corporate Marketing and Field Marketing globally to develop campaign strategy to rapidly drive awareness and build pipeline
• Evangelize our products and best practices via marketing events, webinars, social media and other channels
• Serve as spokesperson with press, analysts and at industry events
• Develop and drive the complete launch plan for new products
• 5-10 or more years of product marketing experience with a track record of delivering compelling, breakthrough content in an enterprise software environment
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of the data cataloging, metadata management and Big Data market and solutions, customer pain points, competition and trends
• Experience with content development for complex products sold to IT or other technical buyers is strongly desired
• Exceptional written and verbal skills with meticulous attention to detail
• Outstanding communication skills, especially the ability to convert complex ideas into simple messages
• Proven ability to participate in and influence cross-functional teams
• Ability to work with peer and senior technical customer users/buyers to solicit and synthesize customer and market feedback for actionable recommendations on positioning, messaging and product features
• Ability to create data-driven go-to-market plans and adjust based on data analysis, market feedback and corporate strategy evolution
• Demonstrated ability to develop compelling and creative content that stands out
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA a plus
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Product Marketing Manager for Enterprise Data Catalog
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US