San Francisco Summer Internship - 2019 (Software Engineering)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Job Number: 25087
Position Title: Intern
Informatica is currently looking for Software Engineer Interns to join our team.
Imagine yourself working for the leading independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data. Since 1993, Informatica has helped businesses unleash the power of their data. And 25 years later, we’ve risen as the leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management. Now, armed with the solutions we provide, companies around the world are thriving, taking their businesses to new heights, fueling their innovation, even disrupting industries—intelligently. Today, data is the trusted currency that fuels digital transformation. In fact, it’s the lifeblood of our global economy.
As a Software Engineer Intern at Informatica, you will be exposed to innovative culture, challenging work, at a fast moving pace. As a Software Engineer Intern, you will be responsible for creating and certifying code for Informatica’s next generation platform to handle the volume, velocity and variety of structured and unstructured data.
- Write clean maintainable product code; develop and maintain the tests; work with the product management and product delivery teams on defining and validating the requirements; handle scoping, planning, internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Maintain design specifications based on implementation time changes
- Contribute to all aspects of the engineering process, i.e. agile, design reviews, etc.
- Handle internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
What We Look For
- Knowledge in Relational databases concepts
- Object Oriented design, data structures and programming
- Operating Systems, multi-threading and algorithm knowledge is preferred
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development or similar technical discipline
Nice to Have
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and easily
- Interact well with team leaders, peers, junior staff and other managers at various positions
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Willingness to embrace new challenges and help drive success
- Must be an effective communicator
Technology We Use
Here’s some of the technology that you’ll have the ability to work with during your time with us:
We empower the world’s most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. It’s not just a moment in time, it’s a movement. And we’re all part of it—motivated by the challenge to make possible what never existed before. Come work with over 9,000 of the most well-known customers across the globe.
So what are you waiting for? Unleash your power, and come join #LifeAtINFA today!
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: San Francisco Summer Internship - 2019 (Software Engineering)
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US