Lead/Senior Software Engineer- Java Backend
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 25172
Position Title: Lead Software Engineer
Lead/Senior Software Engineer - Java Backend
Informatica Corporation is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of enterprises worldwide depend on Informatica data integration, data quality, and big data solutions to access, integrate, and trust their information assets residing on premise and in the Cloud.
We are looking for highly motivated and energetic individuals to work on the next generation of data fueled infrastructure and applications that leverage the latest Cloud and Big Data technologies. You will work with global team of talented engineers and use big data technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, MongoDB, HBase, Titan, TinkerPop, Gremlin, predictive analytics etc. to break ground in new MDM spaces.
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada and will:
- Implement product features based on high level design and technical design specifications
- Write clean maintainable product code, develop and maintain the tests Work with the product management and product delivery teams on defining and validating the requirements Handle scoping, planning, internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Maintain design specifications based on implementation time changes
- Contribute to all aspects of the engineering process, i.e. agile, design reviews, etc.
- Handle internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
- Contribute to the all aspect of engineering process, i.e. agile, design reviews, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of Java backend Software Development experience is required
- Strong java server programming skills, in a large system/application environment including the practical knowledge of availability, scalability, clustering, multi-threaded development and performance design patterns
- Hands-on Java web application development experience.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting abilities
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology and software development process (SDLC)
- Experience with one of the major database platforms (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Experience with NoSQL database technology is a plus
- Experience with Cloud based application/platform is a plus
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments
- Ability to prioritize tasks, track and deliver on-time
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Ability to work with customers, developers, documentation, product management and support staff
- Ability to learn new skills quickly as needed
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement programs, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Lead/Senior Software Engineer- Java Backend
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA