Consultant, Professional Services
Location: Stuttgart, DE
Job Number: 25410
Position Title: Consultant PS
You are an intelligent self-starter who can stay focused and efficient, whether working alone or in a group on customer side. You will specialize in one of Informatica’s key growth areas: Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality (DQ). The role will be based in Stuttgart-Germany supporting the MDM client implementations with in-depth MDM/DQ expertise in our EMEA region (mainly DE. AT, CH). Working either independently, with or within a team, you will have the opportunity to work at the front end in a rapidly growing business. Informatica believes consultant training is essential to customer success, and therefore, is core to each consultant’s career plan. As a MDM/DQ Consultant you will be responsible for project success and participating in consulting project activities including source data analysis, software design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
We are looking for a candidate who is either looking for their first consulting role, or has previous consultative experience and looking to move to the recognized leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management. They will have experience in the areas of Requirements Gathering, Data Modelling, Design, Software-configuration, Data Quality definition and core enterprise technologies.
- Support the implementation and delivery of high quality customer solutions in adherence to Informatica’s methodology
- MDM hub configuration, develop logical and physical database schemas, interfaces (in Java or XML, JSON), and extensions to customer proprietary solutions
- Data Quality rules, Develop logical and physical database schemas, stored procedures, interfaces (in Java or XML), and extensions to customer proprietary solutions
- Provide technical depth concerning Informatica’s solutions in discussions with customers, partners and internal resources
Required Skills & Experience:
- Have some experience with either Oracle and/or DB2/UDB/SQL Server, some experience in a J2EE environment including experience with application servers (WebLogic, WebSphere and/or JBoss);
- Touchpoints in programming/analysis/design/administration;
- Good handle on current trends including data integration, data quality, Big Data, Cloud, governance and business analytics technologies
- Ability to facilitate discussions and drive toward quick decisions
- Understanding data integration, with a large systems integration firm or for an enterprise software services and advantage
- Understanding of conceptual and physical solution architectures for solutions incorporating heterogeneous applications, technologies and platforms
- Understanding of data modelling, physical schema properties, triggers, and stored procedures
- Touchpoints in design principles for a Services Oriented Architecture/micro services and/or an Events Driven Architecture
- Ability to "think big" and grasp the overall picture, including the business drivers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Willing to travel greater than 50% of the time in Europe (mainly DE, AT, CH)
- Experience with BPM tools
- Experience with Windows or UNIX shell script programming
- Ability to automate administration tasks, perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning and administer security
- Experience with Solaris/HP/Windows/AIX Server administration
- Some basic understanding of CRM and/or ERP packages (SAP, Oracle, Siebel and PeopleSoft)
- General understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL tools
- Experience with messaging software
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Consultant, Professional Services
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stuttgart, DE