Business Development Manager (German Market) (S)
Location: Stuttgart, DE
Job Number: 25982
Position Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Fancy a new role in a new country? Read on!
Put your potential to work building our new European Centre of Excellence!
Want to join an exciting new team in the fast-growing Big Data field, here it is. Informatica is expanding our Dublin offices to become a centre of excellence for sales and marketing software and services to the European market. This is your opening to join a small (3,800 people worldwide) but rapidly growing multi-million dollar company that leads data technology in four critical categories: Data Integration & Data Quality, Data Security, Master Data Management (MDM), and Data Analytics.
Better still, you can do all of this in upscale offices in the heart of Dublin, close to Tara Street Station and Trinity College. Our people are as appealing as the location – hard-working yet fun-loving, with social activities and charitable drives throughout the year. They’re a major reason why Informatica was voted one of the “Great Places to Work” in Ireland!
Your role as Business Development Manager is to identify, qualify and create highly qualified new sales opportunities over the phone to support our sales targets in the DACH market. You will be the first point of contact with German prospects we hope to turn into long-term customers. You need to focus on understanding prospects’ needs/business challenges, and then transforming them into genuine sales opportunities through the use of information, insights and persuasion. Although not closing deals directly, you will have a sales pipeline target as well as a sales revenue target per quarter and per year.
In order to be successful in this sales and marketing role, you will need a can-do attitude, be clear and confident in your phone, written and verbal communications, as well as having no qualms communicating with senior decision makers. Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and CRM applications are also a requirement and a good knowledge of the IT Software industry would be advantageous.
- Outbound phone marketing demand creation for German markets.
- Qualifying inbound leads coming from digital marketing, events, and email campaigns.
- Communicate with key decision makers about their business challenges and addressing those challenges with the benefits of our solutions.
- Document all business development activities such as calls and email communication, leads and opportunities, contacts and accounts in Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate with other teams, including field sales, presales, professional services, marketing, alliances management, finance and customer support, as well as external parties like channel partners.
- Deliver timely reports on all business development activities and achievement of your objectives.
- Support various marketing activities.
- Fluency in English and German(verbal & written skills).
- Past experience within the IT Software industry is a must.
- Past experience in Telemarketing or Inside Sales required, with proven record of achieving/exceeding pipeline generation targets.
- High energy and positive state of mind.
- Acute listening skills.
- Ability to initiate the first phase of the sales cycle, create awareness and interest, then identify the goal that can lead to a successful sale.
- Skill in managing the flow of information between many different people and organisations, both within and outside Informatica, at all levels from the server farm to the C-suite.
- Ability to work remotely with virtual sales and direct marketing teams to manage assignments and set direct marketing priorities.
- Strong personal organisational skills and time management.
- Ability to overcome objections and effectively articulate a business message.
- Self-driven individual with productivity ethic and goal orientation.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred; experience with a Marketing Automation tool such as Marketo is a plus.
- A marketing or business-focused undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and a keen interest in learning new computer and data management skills.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Business Development Manager (German Market) (S)
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stuttgart, DE