Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Number: 22580
Position Title: Technical Writer
The Informatica® Master Data Management (MDM) product delivers true multidomain master data management. MDM empowers companies to improve operations with business-user access to consolidated and reliable business-critical data, even when the data is scattered across the enterprise. Leading organizations in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, healthcare, government, energy, and other fields rely on Informatica master data management software to cut costs and drive revenue by improving operations and making more informed decisions across the enterprise.
MDM (Master Data Management) is one of the fastest growing product lines at Informatica. As a Senior Technical Writer, you work closely with developers, product managers, and customer support engineers to document new features and enhancements for releases. You update and maintain existing documentation for ongoing minor releases, hotfixes, and emergency bug fixes. You will help to re-imagine the documentation for the on-premises version of MDM to improve its user-focus, flow, function, and maintainability. You are an influential member of the team and look for opportunities to excel and collaborate within the team and cross functionally.
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto, Canada.
You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You have excellent analytical abilities and strong technical skills. You are a self-starter, have strong leadership qualities, and can be a high impact member of the documentation team and cross-functional teams. You are comfortable working with geographically dispersed teams, are comfortable with ambiguity, and can learn new products quickly. You deliver all content on schedule and to a high degree of quality. You put strong emphasis on performing content reviews and self-edits. You have a reputation for creating accurate, concise, usable, highly-polished content and collaborating with key constituents on planning and execution as appropriate.
- Write easy-to-read and easy-to-find use case-based documentation
- Write about highly technical concepts
- Compile and test online help
- Create project plans, maintain schedules for specific projects, and communicate documentation status to documentation manager or lead
- Develop tutorials to improve first user experience
- Work with the user experience team to deliver meaningful user interface text and messages
- Create videos that walk users through key functionality
- Write knowledge base articles to support internal and external customers
- Contribute to documentation team processes
- Edit documentation for completeness, style, and accuracy
- Prepare documentation for localization
- 3+ years of experience as a software technical writer
- BA/MA/BS/MS (engineering, technical communications, humanities, social sciences)
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules
- Ability to meet deadlines and help others meet them
- Knowledge of data management concepts
- Ability to quickly learn technical information
- Experience with any of the following applications: databases, application servers, ERP, CRM, data warehousing
- Experience with any of the following: APIs, RESTful APIs, SOAP, JSON, XML
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, and owns and acts on quality problems
- XMetaL or other authoring tool for XML/DITA
- Content management systems
- Camtasia or other video software
- JIRA or other bug tracking software
- Confluence or other wiki
- Online help systems
- Project or people leadership
- Instructional design
- Agile development
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Location_formattedLocationLong: Toronto, Ontario CA