Intern - Software Development
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 24715
Position Title: Intern
Imagine yourself working for the leading independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica to realize their information potential and drive top business imperatives. As a University Graduate at Informatica, you will be exposed to innovative culture, challenging work and a fast moving, results oriented environment. As a software development engineer, you will be responsible for creating and certifying code for Informatica’s next generation platform to handle the volume, velocity and variety of structured and unstructured data. It could be enterprise and partner data from hosted cloud services and on-premise deployments or arbitrary data from social web sites and media.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a self-motivated professional who demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp new technologies and products in addition to solving complex problems. You are bright and intellectually curious; deal with concepts and complexity comfortably; are capable, adaptable and agile. You like the excitement of working in a fast-paced environment. You like being creative and are open to new ideas and ways of doing things. You are able to work independently as well as within a team spanning multiple regions.
Technically, we expect you to have :
- Knowledge in Relational databases concepts
- Object Oriented design, data structures and programming
- Operating Systems, multi-threading and algorithm knowledge is preferred
In addition, you have the following attributes:
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and easily
- Interact well with team leaders, peers, junior staff and other managers at various positions
- Write clean maintainable product code; develop and maintain the tests; work with the product management and product delivery teams on defining and validating the requirements; handle scoping, planning, internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Maintain design specifications based on implementation time changes
- Contribute to all aspects of the engineering process, i.e. agile, design reviews, etc.
- Handle internal and external dependencies for the features that you own
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participate in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation reviews
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Intern - Software Development
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN