Associate Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 25990
Position Title: Associate Technical Support Engineer
Informatica has strategically located Global Customer Support Centers in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Our single mission is to provide customers with world class technical support to ensure successful implementation of their business solutions using Informatica's products. For the 12th consecutive year, Informatica has received top marks and ranked #1 in customer loyalty in the Data Integration Customer Satisfaction survey conducted by independent research firm TNS.
We are looking for Associate Software Engineers to join our Global Customer Support team. In this role, you will use your analytical thinking and influencing skills for becoming a trusted adviser to our customers on technical issues through ongoing technical relationship guidance during the whole cycle of a technical issue from inception to closure. You would also get opportunities to work with other Principal Lead engineers to ensure operational efficiency.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Clear understanding of databases concepts
- Constructively work together as a team, sharing ideas.
- A high degree of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A natural leader who strives for excellence and is known for his/her prodigious technical ability.
- Possess good communication and customer-relationship skills - responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that allow you to adapt to new circumstances and to learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges.
- Apply your superior technical Skills to meet service request SLAs, meet and exceed customer expectations.
As an integral part of the Global Customer Support team, you will provide technical support for Informatica products. The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for ensuring our customers' success and satisfaction with our products and contributing to their long-term loyalty. You will work closely with the rest of the Informatica support team, QA, Engineering, Solutions Delivery, Sales and Product Management to ensure that Informatica is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage customer support cases on a daily basis, including verifying cases, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue
- Troubleshoot areas of poor performance and identify effective solutions to resolve issues both in the immediate future and for the longer term.
- Analysis of exceptions and logs to isolate root cause and help in products usability and improve end-user experience
- Ensure that knowledge management and data capture processes are adhered to and encourage and help convert technical solutions are converted to Knowledge base articles - Approaching complex technical issues with varying perceptions and making use of opportunities to create and implement productivity tools
- Ensure all issues are resolved or escalated to the proper resources to resolve in a timely fashion. Additionally, this individual will manage communications to customers at all levels to maintain positive relationships
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team
- Continuously enhancing knowledge through trainings and e-learning courses
- Helping customers succeed
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Engineering teams to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving product defects.
- Provide regular reports for management that measure the effectiveness of the technical support function
- Clear understanding of databases concepts
- Excellent grasp of relational database management theory and practice.
- Experience in various operating systems such as Windows, UNIX/Linux • • Strong understanding of relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to details.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Experience/Familiarity with HDFS concepts, Hadoop distributions (Cloudera or Horton Works), Hive and familiar with configuration of HDFS is an added advantage.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Software Engineer
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN