Principal Solutions Consultant
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Job Number: 26235
Position Title: Principal Solutions Consultant
Informatica Presales is a team of solution-oriented trusted advisors supporting Informatica’s customers in India. We take our deep technical and product expertise and blend it to the customer's needs and goals to solve their biggest business challenges allowing them to grow and get the most out of Informatica solutions. We are looking for an experienced Pre Sales Consultant to work with our team in Mumbai, India and help grow our business by providing pre-sales support to existing and prospective clients across the territory. Reporting to the Pre-Sales Manager India. You are ideally someone with a strong background in stitching solutions across a range of Informatica Products.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You’re technically proficient on Informatica’s Next Gen tools (iPaaS, Axon, EDC, BDM, MDM..) with excellent communication and storytelling abilities, have the patience and passion to guide our customers through solution selling using Informatica products. You are a natural leader who strives for excellence and is known as a resourceful and prodigious deal-closer. You possess superb communication and customer-relationship skills responsiveness, sensitivity, diplomacy and are comfortable working both independently and collaboratively. Whether it’s an initial product evaluation, product demonstration, product enablement or addressing technical pain points, you’re willing to listen, ask the right questions and take the time to provide deep explanations and find solutions where needed, explain product roadmaps and provide comfort to the customer with a long-term vision.
Applying your superior business acumen and resource management skills you meet deadlines, drive your peer team to meet their goals and set the example for good work procedures. In addition to the attributes mentioned, you will also be able to:
- Communicate a compelling and inspired vision, articulating what is possible beyond today - future possibilities.
- Inspire and motivate people to rally support behind the vision, make it sharable by everyone.
- Proactively engage with Informatica s customers/partners to demonstrate all technical aspects of Informatica s product and effectively communicate Informatica s key differentiators to customers in the region.
- Manage the technical sales cycle working with Sales Account Managers to ensure generation of revenue.
- Own the technical agenda with responsibility for explaining, training, analyzing and selling the technical aspects of the solution to new and existing customers.
As an integral part of the pre-sales team, you will partner with sales representatives to identify new sales opportunities as well incremental sales opportunities within existing accounts or prospective accounts. With your insight, you will influence the sales team regarding qualification potential and help develop a sales strategy by identifying the business and technical pain points. Being a sales champion, you will naturally help foster and expand customer relationships within an assigned territory.
You will demonstrate your project leadership skills during customer-requested proofs and pilots, including hands-on installation, configuration and demonstration of Informatica products which are frequently performed onsite and in customer environments. When necessary, you will work with other groups such as Informatica Professional Services and Global Customer Support, building consensus and securing resources to resolve customer needs. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning, e.g. SWOT analysis).
- Manage expectations of the account team, identifying roles for each external resource i.e., sales/pre-sales roles and responsibilities on a peer/partnership level.
- Prepare and present compelling solution demonstrations for regional enablement events based on Informatica s Enterprise Platform (ETL, data quality, metadata management, master data management, etc.) and other products; share lessons learned for scalable implementation across teams and geographies.
- Deliver customer follow-up, including but not limited to RFIs/RFPs, ongoing customer education and technical support escalation.
- Lead the sales cycle, owning all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Design and delivery of customer presentations.
- Qualify on a technical basis any technical proposal being put forward.
- Ensure technical closure on all opportunities.
- Be able to articulate a technical solution in a way that will address a business requirement.
- Advise on architectural configuration.
- Report on all technical issues to the Sales Manager for the region.
- Identification of additional technical opportunities within the customer base, and new opportunities within your region.
- Analysis and understanding of customer needs and regional opportunities in order to promote the Informatica value proposition.
- Delivery of Proof of Concepts, engaging product specialists as appropriate.
- Maintain and continuously develop technical knowledge.
- Share knowledge across the team and continuously develop and enhance personal and team capabilities.
- Respect and adhere to customer and internal Company rules and disclosures at all times.
- Qualify if Informatica solutions would be a right fit for the customer need by analyzing the customer ask. Candidate should be able to identify when to walk away from a particular customer ask.
- Respond promptly to customer queries with technical/solution explanations of product features and capabilities.
Role is based in Mumbai and would require travelling to multiple customer locations in and around India/Sri Lanka.
At least 12-15 years of experience in a pre-sales consulting role or architect role preferably in Enterprise software solutions (Data Integration, Data Governance,Data Quality, MDM, B2B, Business Intelligence, Cloud iPaaS, Cloud Ecosystem, ESB, Databases,), ideally using Informatica products.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a pre-sales consulting role is preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills, experience of preparing proposals and responses to RFIs, RFPs.
- Proven experience of managing Proof Of Concept/Implementation activities on customer premises.
- Ability to communicate a technical message with business relevance to a non-technical audience as well as a technical audience.
- Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business customers or prospects.
- Strong technical and business awareness and proven skills in conversing with CXO levels.
- Industry sector knowledge on BFSI or Manufacturing would be an added advantage.
- Implementation experience on large end-to-end projects is a must.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Solutions Consultant
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Greater than 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: Mumbai, Maharashtra IN