Software Engineer - C/C++
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka IN
Job Number: 24521
Position Title: Software Engineer
The Core Technology Group (CTG) is the innovation hub within Informatica that is responsible for delivering an extensible, reliable and scalable platform that provides the solid foundation for all other Informatica products. Specifically, our team focusses on building a high performance and scalable Data Engine that can scale on multi-processor environments as well on a cluster of nodes. The engine is capable of handling batch, request/response and real-time workloads to deliver data for applications.
The Data Engine has been a key constituent of Informatica’s Platform and serves multiple products such as Big Data Management, Data Services, Data Quality, Profiling and PowerCenter. Informatica products rely on the Data Engine to fulfill the vision of a Virtual Data Machine which can execute data integration jobs either natively or across execution environments such as relational databases, Hadoop or cloud. You will be a key contributor to PowerCenter which is the metadata-driven data integration platform. PowerCenter serves as the foundation for the data integration investments and scales to support growing data volumes from more data types, sources, projects and users.
The position is suited for highly motivated and energetic individuals with a desire to work on product development. You will work on delivering new features in an environment that spans all flavors of Unix/Windows operating systems. You will work on multiple features and deliver solutions that benefit customer with consistent functionality in PowerCenter.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer for the Data Engine team at Informatica who shall be responsible for building and delivering key functionalities in the PowerCenter; one who has advanced problem-solving skills and technical aptitudes that will allow one to adapt to new circumstances and learn quickly when facing new problems and challenges. One who can communicate effectively with geographically separated team members and drive problems to solution.
- Facilitating the collaboration and engagement between senior members of the team to ensure sound design and implementation of key functionality areas for the product
- Incubating and designing the next generation platform for complex heterogeneous systems and applications involving cutting edge technologies.
- Working closely with architects and development and QA engineers to discuss and evangelize features
- Collaborating with geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
- Participating in internal/cross team meetings, scoping, decision making and technical documentation
- Mentoring junior engineers on technical, architectural, design and related issues
- Proactively identifying architectural weaknesses and recommending appropriate solutions
- Taking architectural ownership of functional areas in the product
- Ensures high quality of all development work; follows development process without guidance, but with reviews.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Takes ownership and responsibility, keeps management well-informed.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Understands impact of work on the feature/product/team.
- Guides own work to timely and complete conclusions.
- Organizes own activities reliably; during critical time periods, works hard to achieve tasks.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 1 or more years of server-side software development experience, a portion of which was within an enterprise software company
- Hands-on experience installing, configuring, analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related technology
- Design experience preferably with product engineering background
- Object oriented design and programming.
- Strong programming skills (C/C++) and exposure to multi-threaded development.
- Understanding of Unix/NT systems programming.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - C/C++
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bangalore, Karnataka IN