Technical Training Specialist MDM
Location: City, US
Job Number: 24606
Position Title: Product Specialist
Unique hybrid role that combines customer-facing pre-sales technical support with technical evangelist and training responsibilities, both to the product specialist team you are part of and to the supporting groups that rely on specialist expertise.
Uses in-depth specific product line knowledge to provide technical expertise to support sales staff, other presales resources, and the customer. Uses this same in-depth specific product knowledge to educate and train other product specialists and presales resources. Assists as lead technical trainer at specific training events throughout the year and is the primary conduit between the Presales Enablement team and the Product Specialist team they support. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions, in support of specific customer requirements and/or in support of technical training activities. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the knowledge base of subject matter material for your area of expertise and provides feedback for enhancements and future market opportunities to fill product issues and gaps or extend competitive advantage.
- Actively participates in alpha & beta testing cycles and maintains level of expertise in technical focus area, solution or domain.
- Works to ensure technical wins during sales cycles by performing technical qualification of opportunities where regional teams lack resource on the subject matter, architect solutions from customer requirements, performing solution demonstrations & other proof points, and proving Informatica’s technical capabilities in order to reinforce the value proposition driven by the account team.
- Timely documentation within CRM / Marketing software, as applicable, of customer contact and activity data is required of this role (e.g. names, titles, contact information, opportunity value, product information, sales stages, probability, business pain, firm-future commitments, etc.)
- Actively participates in obtaining "technical closure" when the product specialist team is responsible for leading an opportunity.
- Providing the interface between the field presales and other technology functions within Informatica for product direction and feedback.
- Advises on competitive stance and creates counter strategies to competitive threats in accounts (identify, evaluate their influence and positioning eg. SWOT analysis – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats).
- Creates competitive analysis, keeps up-to-date with industry thinking and product space, promotes integrated solutions, and assists in development of cross-products solutions and promotes cross-product initiatives; also helping to collect and disseminate this information across the product specialist and other presales resources.
- Contributes and maintains the knowledge-base of commonly used demos, presentations, best practices and FAQ's and provides subject matter material to support the broader presales team in their capacity as Technical Training Specialist for the group.
- Provides enablement and mentorship to the broader presales community in the form of periodic training webinars, onsite enablement activities and reusable digital assets.
Knowledge & Skills
- Holds expert-level experience and uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Deep industry knowledge and understanding of a customer’s decision-making process, goals, strategies, and business objectives.
- Expert-level presentation, customer service, financial/business acumen, and negotiation skills at all levels of customer engagement.
- Complete, “big-picture” understanding of the business and technical contexts of key accounts.
- Driven, self-starter who enjoys teaching and mentoring, exudes leadership on account set and compels others to get on board.
- Fully adept at consultative effectiveness and establishing trust with internal and external customers.
- Advanced technical knowledge of hybrid deployment of software solutions, Data Warehousing, Database, Big Data, and/or Business Intelligence software concepts and products.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or equivalent educational background is preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience.
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Training Specialist MDM
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
Location_formattedLocationLong: City, US